PDA

View Full Version : flyjet how's it going?

tia1
10th Apr 2005, 19:16
Just wondering if they have started flights to Canada, USA and Mexico yet? Also are the crew any happier or are conditions still as bad as some say?

Nato 35
13th Apr 2005, 22:10
No, they have not started the flights to N America yet as waiting for the new aircraft to do the job. As for the conditions not sure, but if you check out their new pay scales then they are among the best paid out of all the charters.:cool:

tia1
14th Apr 2005, 08:37
What are the new payscales? I applied last year and it was £11,000 basic + £2.00 hr. Is it bettern now? Also what aircrafts are they waiting for?

towers00
22nd Apr 2005, 10:30
the routes will never happen,they have x2 757,but been promising crew since day1 that a 767 will arrive,we await in anticipation............ a long wait,i think.now ghana has troubles there will be no need for a 767,as the canada flight was a 1 off.the very very old 757,can do the holiday charters as normal.but how much longer passengers will put up flying on it to india is anyones guess,these were 10 day trips for the crew,but now going to be bullet trips,i think 2 times within a 2 week period.
those poor new crew recruited,promised great things by flyjet at there interview (like we all were when we started).and look now.i can see us all out of a job by the end of the year,what a shame.

dee123
22nd Apr 2005, 17:52
Towers00. Why so negative???????????????

FOXIBOY
23rd Apr 2005, 07:36
Its going just fine thank you very much:D

lee.b
24th Apr 2005, 17:57
Yeh flyjet runs rli well with 2 planes, and as sum1 sed they pay their crew more than other airlines.
they are obviously doing something right.

towers00
9th May 2005, 10:45
pay is not everything,sure helps yes.but with only 2 a/c,and promises of a new one that is now not comming due to the work not being there,and hence some of there work they have to give to other charterers.
by the way they had to increase the pay,as so many crew were leaving,and all the promises they said just to keep crew from strying to other airlines..well none of the promises have materialised.
ha ha ha

hoey5o
11th May 2005, 10:03
TOWERS00

I really dont get you. Giving all the HA HA with the constant never ending bashing of the company that pays your wages.

I say again, THEY PAY YOUR WAGES.

They pay my mortgage too and I get a bit defensive when pillocks like you try and effect that.

If you dont like it then do us all a favour and P%SS OFF

RUMAD
13th May 2005, 16:40
Yes I agree with hoey5o......I work at flyjet and have done for the last year or so and enjoy it alot.....so towers00 if its really that bad just do us all a favour and go some where else...and it wouldnt surprise me if ur one of those people who didnt get promoted and are sulking about it!!......just grow up and f**k off!!

dee123
14th May 2005, 17:31
Iain,
you weren't complaining about them only having to aircraft when you went to the interview???????

Rachie
14th May 2005, 20:46
what happens when one goes tech? and I know we've stolen one of the a/c on a couple of occassions

is it worth applying to them? how long is the initial contract for? chances of being kept on? chances of actually getting to start the job :} :p

towers00
22nd May 2005, 14:02
raCHIE DONT GO HONEY,BY THE WAY THEY ONLY JUST ABOUT PAY MY RENT GUYS,YES IT PAYS EVERYTHING ELSE BUT NOT MUCH LEFT AT THE END OF IT.
OH YES IM NOT SLATING CAUSE I DIDNT GET PROMOTED WHO SAYS IM A JUNIOR THEN.....
IM NOT SLATING THE CREW I WORK ALONG WITH IM JUST P---ED,OFF,WITH THE FALSE PROMISES FROM DAY 1. DONT SAY OWT,IF IT CANT BE HONOURED IS WHAT I SAY.

Gunship
28th May 2005, 13:25
Not just a rumour anymore but fact: Flyjet starts next Tue / Wed (31-5 / 01-6)back on the Accra route ... once a week - to become twice a week in a while.

lee.b
29th May 2005, 16:55
Flyjet don't offer false promotion, if they have spaces they will promote you. at MAN base alot of people have been made up this year and we have a very busy summer season coming upon us.
I know that some people will be laid off at the end of the season but that is the same as all airlines.
Flyjet have been looking at buying new aircraft maybe more 757's or 767's but the aircraft the have now still do the same as other airlines.
Wouldn't you rather Flyjet invest there money rather than spend to quickly and end up going bust and crew losing there jobs.