PDA

View Full Version : Wizz air, Skyeurope

Aussie
10th Apr 2005, 18:08
Gday all,

Anyone know what the go is with Wizz and skyeurope in regards to work? Are they hiring?

What kind of hrs are required for the EMB 120 with Skyeurope?

Anyone also aware of how difficult it is to change an aussie CPL with Frozen ATPL to JAA?

Are the pilots flying with these companies happy?

THanks for all the responses in advance.

Aussie

Dutchie
10th Apr 2005, 20:12
Have look at PPJN.com for the rates of pay. Not very good. Sky Europe is the more stable of the two.

Atlanta-Driver
11th Apr 2005, 05:50
Right to work and abode in European Union, second prefreably a citizen of one of the new EU member states.

AD

Aussie
11th Apr 2005, 13:59
Thanks for the replies.

I have a Polish citizenship, so i should have that base covered, shouldnt I?
Im just wondering how many hrs id really need to be looked at in Skyeurope or Wizz.

Because if you need airline time, then why would you go to Wizz or skyeurope if your already in an airline?

Whats prspects of flying turbo props in Eastern Europe?

Thanks again all!

Aussie

Wizofoz
11th Apr 2005, 15:43
Aussie,

As Poland is in the EU, you have right of abode anywhere in the EU. There are places to work where you'll get much better T+Cs than either of these two. If you're looking for hours and a stepping stone, try and get either a 737 or Airbus out of it. I'd be reluctant to cough up any money for any sort of self sponsorship scheme, as neither (and particularly WIZZ) is particularly well financed. You could shell out mega-bucks only to have the company fold before you get anything worthwhile out of them.

As an Aussie, Britain is still probabley a better bet. Can't comment on Turbo-props in Eastern Europe (though there are still a lot of dodgy looking AN 26s hanging around) but a bare frozen ATPL and willingness to pay for a rating gets you looked at by Turbo-prop companies in the UK.

bear11
11th Apr 2005, 16:23
Aussie,

check your PMs