PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Glass Aerobridges

Jungmeister
10th Apr 2005, 10:16
It was probably not reported in the national news media, but AAL took delivery of the new glass sided aerobridges this weekend.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1341676.htm

They look good and should retain a feeling of being on the apron as you board the aircraft protected from the elements.

And I can report that the view from the new terminal is stunning. You get a great view of the touchdown area on RWY 23. :D

zulu_kilo
10th Apr 2005, 10:25
AKL has had one (two?) for years, but would be about the most unreliable piece of #@ at the airport

Going Boeing
10th Apr 2005, 10:45
Makes for great perving at the good looking SLF from the flight deck.

Howard Hughes
10th Apr 2005, 11:31
Makes for great perving at the good looking SLF from the flight deck.

Now this is Adelaide we are talking about!!;)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

pullock
10th Apr 2005, 13:01
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome Adelaide Airport. Adelaide now has the wonderful technology of aero bridges. You have deserved this modern technology for may years now, remaining the last significant australian capital city without world class airline transport.

Now that your airport has begun the path toward the present you will be able to enjoy the creature comforts of entering the arrivals lounge of your city from the most sophisticated means of transport that the planet has to offer, without having been rained upon or blown away by the winds that most airports are subject to.

The South Australian government are pleased that you now can expect what every other Australian has had at their airport for years :cool: and we would like to thank privitisation for doing what we wouldn't in the past, even though all users of the airport now pay three times what it's worth.

Please note that the glass walkways to your aircraft provide panoramic views of the tarmac which we are sure you are all interested in, and we have imported these devices from lands afar without giving Australian industry half a chance to do the same thing for a reasonable price.

Aero Bridges aren't all that hard to make really, providing up, down, left, and right, forward and backward motion to a couple of shipping containers that concertina together, yet for your convenience we have chosen to import these machies at great cost. It is for your own good, after all you Australians are a nation of proletariates, even though South Australia is a state crying out for industrial expansion, and has been the home of invention in Australia!!

Sunfish
10th Apr 2005, 17:20
This passes for news in Adelaide?????

RENURPP
10th Apr 2005, 23:47
I just have one silly question.
Are the floors glass as well??

hmmmm

TIMMEEEE
11th Apr 2005, 00:04
Well only the best will do for the strangest city and home to the worst perpetuated and sickest crimes in Oz.

The Truro murders.
The Beaumont children.
The family trials and tribulations.
Channel 7 newsreader having his son kidnapped and murdered.
Snowtown etc etc.

Friends (non SA) living there called it "land of the shallow grave" because every time they opened the Adelaide papers a body was being dug up from a foundation or building site somewhere in SA.

I also remember visiting the suburb of Elizabeth.
Need I say more??
15 year old girls pushing prams with their 14 yo boyfriends in tow and wearing beanies on a 42 degree day.
Obviously the cultural capital of Australia in the making.
These bogun types probably do a day trip to the airport just to watch the aerobridges extend and retract !
Im surprised the owners of Adelaide airport dont charge visiting fee because it will be a real attraction for some months.
Sure as hell beats the Barossa I say............

Strange place and even stranger people.
And who was it that said jokingly that the rabbit-proof fence wasnt erected to keep rabbits out, it was done to keep the people in !!

Kanga767
11th Apr 2005, 01:25
Well Tim,

Lucky no other city has glass aerobridges, otherwise people would stand in them and throw rocks.

K

CLEAR PROP
11th Apr 2005, 01:50
Seems like a great idea, providing the cost is not substantially higher than a normal aerobridge.

Check out the link for more info...

http://www.aal.com.au/download.asp?id=87

P47
11th Apr 2005, 04:40
TIMMEEEE, I had no idea the city you live in is so perfect that you can criticize Adelaide so. There can be no denying that some nasty things have happened over the years but consider that some monstrous crime just might be lurking around your corner as yet unfound.
I'm sure your neighbourhood is so crime free, you don't even lock your door at night - right, yeah sure!
I'm also sure that your own place of self declared perfection has it's own little Elizabeth somewhere!
To condemn the Barossa demonstrates your plain ignorance of the best wine region in the world although I would doubt if a beer swilling buffoon like you would actually know anything about it.
Adelaideans play Aussie rules (AUSTRALIAS OWN NATIONAL GAME) not that stupid hybrid pastime that boofs like you obviously enjoy and Adelaide brought the F1 Grand Prix to OZ and ran it better than anyone. I could go on but I would reach the limits of your attention span.

If you don't like Adelaide, then don't come and by the way, he was and still is a Channel 9 newsreader, so before you start opening your mouth with complete dribble, get your facts right and look in your own backyard.

TIMMEEEE
11th Apr 2005, 22:18
P47.

Me thinks you need a sense of humour transplant !!

To condemn the Barossa demonstrates your plain ignorance of the best wine region in the world although I would doubt if a beer swilling buffoon like you would actually know anything about it.

Ever heard of a joke P47 ??

Yes pal, I proudly live in the city that brought to the world the Redfern riots and Macquarie Fields no less !
At least out "west" when the temp reaches into the forties in Sydney our proud teenage Mums and Dads arent wearing beanies to hide their scars.

Self declared perfection you called it P47 - I think not !

Channel 9 or Channel 7 or whatever - its still a god damned sickening crime or perhaps you're trying to lessen its impact with verbal diarrhoea over a mistaken channel selection.
It still doesnt change what happened.

P47 - you really need to loosen up.
Yes, I do lock my doors in my "nice" neighbourhood and yes P47, it sounds like you need a severe night on the piss followed by a desperately needed blowjob !!

Just chill and stop taking everything so personally.

Jaguar7777
12th Apr 2005, 02:46
From the cab passing through adelaide the other day, happened to see one of these airbridges seemingly stuck under the traffic information sign that straddles the inroad to the airport.

Didnt see the outcome unfortunately but lets see.....

carting a glass structure around on the back of a semi trailer.....might want to check the bridge heights enroute....

:}

Blip
12th Apr 2005, 03:31
I can just imagine now how pleasant it will be, standing in queue in one of these aerobridges on a sunny January Afternoon.

I trust they will at least make some attmept at ventilating them with airconditioned air, unlike the aerobridges in Brisbane.

Blip
12th Apr 2005, 03:33
disregard

Blip
12th Apr 2005, 03:35
i repeat. Disregard!:rolleyes:

P47
12th Apr 2005, 12:58
Well TIMMEEEE, it was a joke was it? Seems to me that from the start to the end of your ramblings it was total condemnation without a hint that it may have been a joke. (sorry if I missed it!)
I take on board you have admitted to some shortcomings of your preferred place of abode and that is admirable.
I DO have a sense of humour and quite frankly I DO NOT need to loosen up (or down in this case) to your level of so called humour. I like most South Ozzies are not proud about what has happened here but you just launched didn't you; so I quite rightly and justifyingly responded. Sounds to me like you can't take a bit of it back!

Accept that I responded appropriately in defence of my domain and we'll call it quits, OK !

Cheers
P47

Oz Ocker
12th Apr 2005, 22:13
"The City of Churches" sure as hell 'as got a dark side to it.
In addition to all them things Timee mentioned, hows about the drownings of the homos down by the river.
Fer such a small population Adelaide's got a higher than average number of "wierd" murders.
Maybe thats the reason why their puttin in the glass aero bridges!

Be seein' youse round!

TIMMEEEE
13th Apr 2005, 01:14
Oz Ocker.

Thanks for pointing out the drownings of the heterosexually challenged and I agree with your opinion wholeheartedly about the number of "weird" murders in such a small population.

P47.

I still stand by my posting about you needing a night on the piss and a desperately needed blowjob though !!
You waded in boots and all with absolutely no hesitation.
That was enforced to myself (and others) by your attempting to justify Adelaide's stature with the Grand Prix (running it better than anyone else I believe you said).
You can debate that with your Victorian brethren.
AFL?????
Yes, a game I do enjoy being a Swans member but Rugby Union is the only true international game of football and yes P47, it is the game they play in Heaven, not hell !!!!

And no P47, I am not a rugby league fan so your assumptions were incorrect and unjustified because I never brought sport into this in the first place.

And did I mention the fact that you Adelaide people speak strangely???????????????????

P47
14th Apr 2005, 01:29
TIMMEEEE, You say we speak strangely? Well I could easily say that about you. If your ear is not attuned to different States' lingo and pronunciation then perhaps it's simply because you have led a sheltered life. You are indeed an intolerent critter aren't you & I think your brain has spent too much time up your fellow competitors arse playing that boofhead game you love so.

TIMMEEEE you are a waste of space and an oxygen thief !
I have nothing further to add.

OhForSure
14th Apr 2005, 11:40
Ohhhh $HIT.... now THIS is a GREAT spectator sport!!!

Oz Ocker
14th Apr 2005, 11:50
Yer a tad sensitive P47. What Timmeee said about Adelaidians speakin' diffrent ta us other Aussies is spot on, mate.
They've got the same Pommy sorta twang to a lotta their words like the Kiwis from the South Island 'ave got. Words like "pull' insteda pool.
Anyways I'm orf ta have a pie floater with mushy peas, an ta wash it down with a Southwark.
We ain't sayin' Adelaides a bad place mate, just that she's diffrent - an so're the people from there.

Be seein' youse round!

TIMMEEEE
14th Apr 2005, 22:23
P47.

We are a sensitive little princess aren't we schnookums?
Does Mummy still tuck you in at night and give you a cut lunch and pocket money before you go to work?
Or perhaps you'e going to get your 16 year old 145 kg sister to punch me out then sit on me and make me disappear?
She can bring along her skinhead & beany wearing mates from out the back of the Holden plant if that makes you feel better P47.

I too could stoop to your level and call you a living argument for birth control or something similar - but I wont.
You have "nothing to add" P47 which is perhaps where you should have started in the first place !

Oz Ocker, spot on also about the weird (and often pommy) pronunciation of certain words from our twisted and synaptic pathway damaged Adelaide brethren.

I agree, must be that pommy influence and something they put in that murky Adelaide water.

P47 - and your crybaby whiny-assed response would be....?
Just remember P47, sarcasm is just one more service we offer outside of South Australia !

Sunfish
14th Apr 2005, 22:35
If they want to take Australia's temperature, Adelaide is where they can stick the thermometer.

Jungmeister
15th Apr 2005, 10:02
I have been away for a few days and just noticed the ridiculous exchange that has taken place on this subject.

How irrelevant and pathetic!

Tunguska
15th Apr 2005, 23:06
How irrelevant and pathetic!

Sounds to me that Jungmeister may also be in dire need of felatio as well as P47.

You two guys deserve each other ( I wont go there but it just may be a popular thing in Adelaide!).
Also both of you clowns obviously cant spot a wind-up if it hit you both fare smack in the face.
Loosen up people.
Besides,we all like to knock our sicko compatriots in SA dont we?

P47 and Jungmeister must be a laugh a minute and great fun to fly with............... NOT!!!

Chimbu chuckles
18th Apr 2005, 01:29
No...this is not a Chuck original...but I wish it was!!!!!

WE, the people of the broad brown land of Oz, wish to be recognised as a free nation of blokes, sheilas and the occasional boong. We come from many lands (although a few too many of us come from New Zealand) and, although we live in the best country in the world, we reserve the right to bitch and moan about it whenever we bloody like.

WE are One Nation but we're divided into many States. First, there's Victoria, named after a queen who didn't believe in lesbians. Victoria is the realm of Massimo turtlenecks, cafe latte, grand final day and big horse races. Its capital is Melbourne, whose chief marketing pitch is that it's "liveable." At least that's what they think. The rest of us think it is too bloody cold and wet.

Next, there's NSW, the realm of pastel shorts, macchiato with sugar, thin books read quickly and millions of dancing queens. Its capital Sydney has more queens than any other city in the world, and is proud of it. It's mascots are Bondi lifesavers who pull their Speedos up their cracks to keep the left and right sides of their brains separate.

Down south we have Tasmania, a State based on the notion that the family that bonks together stays together. In Tassie, everyone gets an extra chromosome at conception. Maps of the State bring smiles to the sternest faces. It holds the world record for a single mass shooting, which the Yanks can't seem to beat no matter how often they try.

South Australia is the province of half-decent reds, a festival of foreigners and bizarre axe murders. SA is the state of innovation, where else can you so effectively re-use country bank vaults and barrels as in Snowton, just out of Adelaide (also named after a queen). They had the Grand Prix, but lost it when the views of Adelaide sent the Formula One drivers to sleep at the wheel.

Western Australia is too far from anywhere to be relevant in this document. It's main claim to fame is that it doesn't have daylight saving because if it did all the men would get erections on the bus on the way to work. WA was the last state to stop importing convicts, and many of them still work there in the government and business.

The Northern Territory is the red heart of our land. Outback plains, sheep stations the size of Europe, kangaroos, jackaroos, emus, Uluru and dusty kids with big smiles. It also has the highest beer consumption of anywhere on the planet, and its creek beds have the highest aluminium content of anywhere too. Although the Territory is the centrepiece of our national culture, few of us live there and the rest prefer to fly over it on our way to Bali.

And there's Queensland. While any mention of God seems silly in a document defining a nation of half-arsed agnostics, it is worth noting that God probably made Queensland. Why he filled it with dickheads remains a mystery.

Oh yes, and there's Canberra. The least said the better.

We, the citizens of Oz, are united by the Pacific Highway, whose treacherous twists and turns kill more of us each year than die by murder. We are united in our lust for international recognition, so desperate for praise we leap in joy when a ragtag gaggle of corrupt IOC officials tells us Sydney is better than Beijing.
We are united by a democracy so flawed that a political party, albeit a redneck gun-toting one, can get a million votes and still not win one seat in Federal Parliament while Brian bloody Harradine can get 24,000 votes and run the whole country. Not that we're whingeing, we leave that to our Pommy immigrants. We want to make "no worries mate" our national phrase, "she'll be right mate" our national attitude, and "Waltzing Matilda" our national anthem (so what if it's about a sheep-stealing crim who commits suicide).

We love sport so much our newsreaders can read the death toll from a sailing race and still tell us who's winning in the same breath. And we're the best in the world at all the sports that count, like cricket, netball, rugby, AFL, roo-shooting, two-up and horse racing. We also have the biggest rock, the tastiest pies, the blackest aborigines, the worst-dressed Olympians in the known universe. We don't know much about art but we know we hate the poofs who make it. We shoot, we vote. We are girt by sea and pissed by lunchtime. And even though we might seem a racist, closed-minded, sports-obsessed little people, at least we're better than the Kiwis.

Scooter
23rd Apr 2005, 06:02
Chuckles post was borderline satire, yours was not, this thread has run its course.