PDA

View Full Version : My Travel Holding Pool

stop, stop, stop
9th Apr 2005, 18:50
I , along with many others, attended the MYT interviews a few months back. I have been told (albeit unofficially) that I am in the holding pool and to await further news.

Anyone else had an interview and heard differently? Did they take anyone on?

Have heard that the situation is still fluid and courses could begin at any time. ??

Anyone know of the state of play of MYT? They seem to be out of the headlines, how are the Summer 05 figures? outlook?

SSS

Kestrel
9th Apr 2005, 19:17
HI THERE

Well things are looking up!!

Less holidays to sell than last year

Capacity very realistic remaining flexible

Morale improving by the day

The trips are good/varied with MYTRAVEL with some interesting destinations.

GOOD LUCK.

Riker
9th Apr 2005, 19:25
Kestrel,

Thanks for your response. Can you expound a bit on the interesting/varied destinations - how are they different from years past? How can less holidays to be sold be a good thing? Are all newhires put into the A320 and which bases would be most likely?

Cheers

expedite_climb
9th Apr 2005, 19:56
Riker;

Because many of the packages / hotels are booked by the charterer, and will have to be paid for nontheless..... less to be sold means more have been sold.

If the companies knew exactly how many holidays they could sell it'd be great, but its like any other business - stock planning is very difficult, yet important! It does seem an odd way of looking at it, but thats how they do it!

Kestrel
9th Apr 2005, 20:01
New hires do go on A320

Destinations are not so much different from years past however they are varied on a long haul rosta with our experienced rostering team instead of 3-4 SFB bullets a month.

For the given Capcaity we have alot less to sell than our possible over capacity in the past.

The reigns have been pulled and we are looking very sleek certainly looks that way from the inside anyway.

Pin Head
10th Apr 2005, 08:18
And how long before one can expect a course? having passed the assessment, will it be some time this autumn do you think? How many people are leaving this time of year?

stop, stop, stop
10th Apr 2005, 20:47
Pin Head,

Have you had an official letter back from MYT yet? I've had an email from Neville Hunt and he said letters would be in the post, but as yet nothing.

kishna
12th Apr 2005, 07:05
My advice to you guys in the hold pool is don't keep your eggs in 1 basket. There are far better jobs out there. MYT are taking on some CTC 'graduates' to fill some seats for the summer, together with a few crews from Canada. They are running about 30 pilots down at the moment, and many are waiting for start dates with BA, Virgin, Cathay, Dragonair & Easy (that I know of). Come the end of the summer, the fleet size will drop owing to the removal of the dedicated Lite aircaft, so in theory we should have the correct number of pilots. But as we all know in this industry things change, and may well do in your favour.

Why not give Neville a call and find out where your letters are. But choose your times to call wisely, forget Monday mornings, Friday afternoons or the 2 hours either side of lunch:)

Blue system
13th Sep 2005, 20:00
Hi there!

Any info on MYT T and Cs, rosters and preferred method of application(email,snailmail.......)?

Regards,

Bluesystem.