PDA

View Full Version : DVD copying/editing

DB6
9th Apr 2005, 12:01
Having bought several DVDs for the kids I am driven to apoplectic rage by the amount of crap you have to sit through to actually get to see the film - I will never see 'Madacascar' on principle and if I ever meet Ben Stiller I'll **** him one. I can understand having to sit through trailers etc when you hire a film but not when you buy one, and when I am unable to go directly to the film it really pisses me off.
Now I understand that this is a delicate subject and obviously these discs are copy protected but does anyone know how I can extract just the film onto another disc so I can get my blood pressure back down?
Alternatively will someone with loads of money prosecute these bastards for wasting my time?

9th Apr 2005, 12:30
There are a few programs available for this.
One that I use is DVD Shrink. (freeware)

It enables you to copy a complete disk, or you can decide which bits to copy, missing out trailers, extras etc. If the film is over 4.7GB and doesn't fit on a blank DVD, it will automatically compress it.
I've been using it for a fair while, and found it very easy to use.

DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html)

Another option is to install DVD Regionfree. This automatically bypasses the region coding on the disk, and will play any region, even if your computer is now region locked.
On the set-up, you can opt to play the whole DVD, or it can start automatically from the beginning of the film, bypassing trailers etc. (so I'm lead to believe. Best check with someone who has this installed)
You have to purchase this program. ($40)

DVD Regionfree (http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm)

DB6
10th Apr 2005, 13:12
Brilliant! Instant blood pressure plummet. Cheers 419!:ok:

mono
11th Apr 2005, 11:25
Or, as soon as the DVD is loaded you can press menu, select scene selection and start from scene one!!!

I don't see the problem myself

DB6
11th Apr 2005, 19:50
Try it with Shrek 2 mate. Nothing but little 'no entry' signs and lots of swearing.