PDA

View Full Version : SAS Flight Academy MCC course

Spoilermixer
9th Apr 2005, 11:32
Hi, does anyone have any feedback on the BFSAA MCC course in the Fokker 28 sim?
Is this course a real "plus" for anyone willing to have an interview with Ryanair?
I've been applying to BFSAA (CAE as well) since 2003 but never got the chance to have an interview.

Rgds,

Spoilermixer.

Great Circle
11th Apr 2005, 15:44
Hi Spoilermixer,

I had a great experience when I attended in October 2003. I couldn't say enough great things about the experience. It was a great way to bring all those hours and training together on a jet that wasn't so damned complicated that you weren't spending all your time on systems and forgetting what you were there for. MCC/CRM. For a first timer in a full flight simulator it did a super job of making the whole experience real. Isn't that the point? :}

Also, when it comes to Ryanair, your MCC evaluation counts as your sim check for one your or something, but you had better have a 4 out of 5 on your overall score or you can forget about Ryanair!! So you don't have to take the Ryanair sim check-Nice bonus. More info on BFSAA's website. Do it if you can. I know SAS isn't the cheepist but I don't think you will be disappointed. I wasn't!!:ok:

GC

tom24
11th Apr 2005, 16:01
£3,100 for the MCC.

I spoke with the MD of the school on Saturday. His words were to the effect that with regards the Ryanair scheme, it can only be in your favour to do the MCC course with BFSAA. I suppose its even more in your favour if you do the whole CPL/IR thing with them too!

silverknapper
11th Apr 2005, 16:32
I'm sure the MD is impartial.

milehighmadness
4th Jun 2005, 14:41
Great Circle:

I'm doing the F28 MCC through BFSAA starting sep. 10.

Do you have any advice as far as preparation goes, what areas did you find to be most difficult? I'm hoping to score well enough on this to get recommended for ryan and I already have the course binders to study, so there's plenty of time for preparation. Any areas I should focus on? Did you find that others students had a hard time with certain parts of the course?

Thanks!