PDA

View Full Version : Free - nine year jail term with unwaranted emails

Onan the Clumsy
9th Apr 2005, 02:05
I just heard some bloke got nine years for sending out spam.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Rollingthunder
9th Apr 2005, 02:13
Nine Years!!

That's more than murdering scumbags in the UK and Canada get for killing someone. life - must serve at least four years, 2 yrs 4 months, 3 yrs 6 months etc. with time off for time already served. There's something seriously wrong with the justice system. Not really justice at all.

Anyway - hope he does it all - or as much as he can.

SmilingKnifed
9th Apr 2005, 02:41
Good result! He was sending roughly 10 million emails a day! (Source BBC). Most were also fraudulent in nature.

The only problem is he's appealing under Virginia state law.

IB4138
9th Apr 2005, 07:53
To put it another way.......

The Spam Man is in the Can!:\

Unwell_Raptor
9th Apr 2005, 10:21
Sorry, rollingt, that old canard about life sentences doesn't become any more true by frequent assertion. I can't be arsed to lay it out here again, just have a quick Google and treat yourself to the true facts.

Standard Noise
9th Apr 2005, 12:28
U_R - without wishing to get into the meat of life sentences, is it true that in the UK, anyone sentenced to 'life' and subsequently released after however many years, automatically comes out on a 'life licence' which I believe means that they can be put behind bars should they commit another crime?

tony draper
9th Apr 2005, 13:08
They seldom re-offended when we hung the feckers.
:E

Ed Winchester
9th Apr 2005, 13:28
They seldom came back to life when they were subsequently found to be innocent (http://forejustice.org/wc/george_kelly.htm), either! :bored:

Jerricho
9th Apr 2005, 15:08
Oh Laniny........are you reading this you scumbag.

(Somehow, I highly doubt it)

Onan the Clumsy
9th Apr 2005, 15:17
The Spam Man is in the Can! and the Rubber Band Man starts to Jam

Instead of prison, they should make him go round and clean up everyone's PC. Like the Tribbles.

Jerricho
9th Apr 2005, 15:19
Tribble.

Weren't they them little feckers from Star Trek that were born pregnant and took over the ship?

Unwell_Raptor
9th Apr 2005, 16:27
SN: spot on.

There are between 30 and 50 lifers who will never get out.

In addition there are those like Harry Roberts who shot three policemen in 1966 and is still inside. The saloon-bar experts will still assure you that life means nine years!

tony draper
9th Apr 2005, 16:44
Then it should not be called life, the Beak is lying when he or she says you will go to prison for life, it is plainly and simply a lie and everybody knows it, so why do they persist in the silly ritual?