"this is insane"

Crieky

http://302.no-ip.org/302board/usr/5/5_632.wmv

Ultralights
9th Apr 2005, 01:00
hahahaahahah, i smell a fake though.

justanothernumber
9th Apr 2005, 05:16
It would still be impressive at the original speed (probably half!).

Howard Hughes
9th Apr 2005, 08:25
It does'nt look like Melbourne!!

But the landing certainly does look like some I have witnessed in the last couple of days.;)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Capn Bloggs
9th Apr 2005, 09:00
How did you pericks get a hold of the video of my first solo?! Bloody sidesticks! :ugh:

swh
9th Apr 2005, 09:06
Thats only part of the video, its ripped from a dutch beer commercial, full thing goes for about 30 sec.

spinout
9th Apr 2005, 09:35
Are they the New JetStar Colours...;)

EngineOut
9th Apr 2005, 18:35
It's a model.

I have seen some really flash model jets on a documentry once (yes, they are really mini turbines), it was an A340 from memory. The whole thing is about 2m in length, but I have only ever seen them land on grass (it should be obvious why from that footage).

I bet they would be a handful flying a swept wing with a remote!

Not sure how big that one is though.

SkySista
10th Apr 2005, 06:33
Once saw a picture of a 747 model in an old av mag... if I recall correctly, it was about the size of a small car - now I would LOVE one of those!!

Bloke across the street has a Learjet model - I see it gathering dust every time he's washing his fancy car! Won't sell it though! :{

Sky

Dehavillanddriver
10th Apr 2005, 09:30
If its a model they went all out to build the glideslope antennas !

There appears to be smoke coming off the tyres as well which I doubt you would get off model tyres.

It has been sped up considerably though.....

Jungmeister
10th Apr 2005, 09:43
I don't think it's a model (althought the jerky motion looks similar) I think it is a speeded up video of a full size landing. The puffs of smoke from the mains then the nosewheel are a giveaway. I have never seen puffs of smoke like that from a model, including the latest jet turbines.

The Lear jet referred to in a post above is almost certainly a Great Planes model kit and they were renowned for not being able to get off the ground due to the CG being too far forward of the mains. They were propeller driven models not turbines.

Some of the turbine powered models are very good with automatic computer controlled start sequences, brakes and sequenced gear doors etc. It is not unusual for a modeller to invest up to $20,000 or more on a single model. A well set-up jet model when flown by an experienced modeller is a joy to behold. And the smell of JET-A1 .. Ahh it even beats diesel and castor!:D

Capn Bloggs
10th Apr 2005, 12:18
Here it is (http://www.fototime.com/0C80DC4703D3DF7/conv.wmv) slowed done to 50% of original speed.

Capt Fathom
10th Apr 2005, 12:41
It just doesn't look right. There is too much smoke coming from the wheels on touchdown, especially the nosewheel. And the nosewheel smokes on every touchdown. Once the wheels spinup, they don't smoke.

VH-Cheer Up
10th Apr 2005, 12:48
Perhaps it isn't smoke, maybe it's spray from surface water?

Can anyone identify the airline and airport?

If genuine, what is the problem? why wouldn't they have gone around?

TOGA is your friend in such situations...

VHCU

swh
10th Apr 2005, 13:27
The full add can be seen here (http://www.aviationexplorer.com/a319_hard_landing_commercial.htm)

xetroV
10th Apr 2005, 13:42
This commercial (http://www.aviationexplorer.com/a319_hard_landing_commercial.htm) was made for a football tournament (I think Euro 2000). In the commercial this bumpy landing was supposedly made on purpose, because the plane was transporting the Austrian football team who were about to confront the Dutch football team in that week. The captain did this to scare them or make them sick in order to help his hometeam ("Heel Holland Helps" means something like: "Everyone in The Netherlands is helping").

Of course, the video is definitely fake, and this is what its creators had to say about it:

It's fake, I made it in 3D. Note the company "TWB-Air" ... It doesn't exist, its TWBA, a commercial agency. The aircraft was a British Aerospace (sic!) A-320 or 330, landing nicely at Schiphol (Amsterdam). I removed it from the background and put this version in it instead ...

Cheers,

Viktor Rietveld

CG supervisor Hectic ProjeX

www.hecticelectric.nl
www.avp.nl
[email protected]
[email protected]
Amazing that after all these years people still take it for real. :uhoh:

But funny, it is! :p

EngineOut
10th Apr 2005, 14:29
If it was done with a model it would be quite easy to digitally add the smoke puffs in

Woomera
10th Apr 2005, 19:43
This add has been around for yonks. Very funny.