PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Kelas
8th Apr 2005, 15:05
Hi all,

I've got a dilemma which I hope you guys can help with.

I've been offered a job as cabin crew with a British airline. Question is, do I take this job and risk wasting my life away or do I get myself a real job in the real world?

emmathestar
8th Apr 2005, 16:08
Is Cabin Crew not a real job then?!! am quite offended!

your heart obviously isnt in it 100% so why do it?!

what was it that made u apply in the first place?!

I suppose its what you prefer your lifestyle to be- I cant do a 9-5 ,mon-fri job, that bores me, where as a bit of variety is what I love.
If your more the 9-5 person, DONT work for an airline!!

Good Luck! xxx

KTPops
8th Apr 2005, 16:16
If you consider being a flight attendant "wasting your life away" before you've even got on-line then this isn't the job for you!

What an odd way to phrase a question on a cabin crew forum!

adamv66
8th Apr 2005, 16:17
risk wasting your life away??

thats pretty damn offensive in a forum for cabin crew dont you think?

Kelas
8th Apr 2005, 16:29
I seem to have caused some offence with the way I worded my question...for this I apologise. Let me re-word it in more acceptable way

Do I consider the offer made by the airline or shall I just accpet the other job I've been offered as a waiter (which let's face it is the same without the flying aluminium tube)?

Pandora's Box
8th Apr 2005, 16:46
Kelas,

You have just apologised for causing offence and then you go and do it again.
You seem to think that cabin crew are just flying waiters and waitresses do you??? If you accept the job as crew, which for your sake I hope you dont, then let me wish you the best of luck for your training course, cause hell your gonna need it!

ozzy05
8th Apr 2005, 17:16
:ooh: Kelas, most civilians are not aware of what is required to be a cabin crew member / flight attendant these days.

The actual customer service side of things is actually a distant second behind the real reason that you are onboard.

Can you honestly say how you will react in a full emergency? Don't forget, it's not just you involved, there could be up to 400 people looking to you to save them.

Could you put a fire out at 35000 feet? Deal with an aggresive maybe violent punter? Work long hours with little rest. Put up with jet lag. Not the sort you get after your hols, the sort that is with you all the time?

On the plus side you will visit places that you have read about, and that the people on your aircraft have payed thousands to see. Have the best laughs that you have ever had, and behave badly whilst under the influence of alcohol .

Be under no illusions, it is a very demanding career.

cloudspotter
8th Apr 2005, 17:27
Dear people,

I believe you are victims of some leg pulling here. Im sure some are just sitting back and giggling but I cant. You will notice that Kelas registered in aug. 2003 and in Gatwick of all places!
Please! :hmm:

ozzy05
8th Apr 2005, 17:41
:= Ha, yes like it.......................

KTPops
8th Apr 2005, 18:01
How very sad. Somebody needs to get out more....:hmm: