PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke

Rollingthunder
8th Apr 2005, 04:07
Just what is the attraction? Does anyone actually enjoy hearing bad, out of tune drunk singers or being a bad out of tune drunk singer? If any one of the participants had a decent enough voice to let it out in public, they would have a recording contract. Very popular in Japan, I understand, where the singing is usually worse than usual.:ugh:

Atlas Shrugged
8th Apr 2005, 04:37
Probably because it's the only time you get to hear a song by Cat Stevens actually sound like a cat - being skinned alive

Howard Hughes
8th Apr 2005, 05:15
Now the merits of Karaoke are directly proportional to the amount of alchohol that one has consumed!!

There is nothing better than a night out on the turps with your mates, then ending up in some seedy karaoke bar watching them makes fools of themselves.

Of course when I get up to sing the angels sing in harmony!!:yuk: :yuk: Well at least thats what it sounds like to me....

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

PS: It's up to you, NEW YORK, Neeew yooooooooooooooooooooork!

Jerricho
8th Apr 2005, 14:13
I love Karaoke!!

I have thought about it's attraction though. Everybody knows a few beers makes a man able to sing in perfect harmony AND become irresistible to women. Why not combine these 2 bonuses and get up on stage to share with the world?

All together now.....

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight............"

RaraAvis
9th Apr 2005, 04:37
.... aahhh , yeaaahhh , the lion song accompanied by a 'sexy' hip-wiggle , eyebrow-arch and a deep sshmoldering look ---- makes wimmin go weak at their knees , everytime ... :cool:

Loose rivets
9th Apr 2005, 06:42
They are seriously good fun here.

Normally I like classical piano or piano that's classical, but I get invited to a local bar by my sister in law--who a couple of times a week, sheds the trappings of a high-flying exec,-- leaps into her truck clutching her CDs and heads of to one of her favorite venues.

Masses of cowboy hats and girls in tight jeans, Bud signs flickering away and, more often than not, some serious talent. After bringing the place to a standstill by saying something like "would you mind awf..lee if I have my beer in a glarse" I usually get free drinks and pizza all night. It's a hoot.

McAero
9th Apr 2005, 12:38
Never been to the Horseshoe bar in Glasgow then? These people are a contradiction to the word "karaoke". They really CAN sing. :confused:

lexxity
9th Apr 2005, 13:21
Lots of booze and a group of silly mates, and it's "bye, bye miss american pie" karaoke only works with booze and a sense of humor.

Bloody love it:E

Jerricho
9th Apr 2005, 13:56
Never been to the Horseshoe bar in Glasgow then

I certainly have..........and I certainly can't.