PDA

View Full Version : BWIA at Prestwick and Belfast

Findo
7th Apr 2005, 23:16
Suggestion is that BWIA have stopped selling tickets beyond middle of this month.

Anyone actually know why ?

Runway 31
8th Apr 2005, 06:55
From what I can gather the aircraft used is going back to the leasing company as they cannot afford the payments. I believe that the service was going quite well from Prestwick and some good tour companies like Hayes and Jarvis and Kuoni had taken block bookings.

Tower Ranger
8th Apr 2005, 08:38
The service has been pulled off the Bfs route due to poor bookings and will now go direct from Manch I believe.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
8th Apr 2005, 09:48
I think they are pulling Manchester as well
due no aircraft to operate the service
as the leased aircraft going back

G-I-B

Hial Flyer
8th Apr 2005, 09:57
Loads from all three airports have been low. The aircraft is returning to the leasing company.

BWIA have suffered since BMI started from MAN. The situation was made worse when the flight was no longer non-stop from MAN.

billyg
8th Apr 2005, 10:15
Your info is correct HF , The a/c is being returned 'cos they no longer require it. The PIK guys would have us believe that the a/l is being forced to return the a/c to lessor , but this is not the case!

PPRuNe Radar
8th Apr 2005, 11:59
The PIK guys would have us believe that the a/l is being forced to return the a/c to lessor , but this is not the case!

No one stated that on this thread, so keep the usual inter airport sniping to yourself.

kpiko3
8th Apr 2005, 15:23
Billyg,

How do YOU know his info is correct.

Another pointless post from the GLA possy.

Shame to see this route go as it was performing well at PIK with 209 pax checking in a few weeks ago. Hope they see this and add flights by there other A340!

kpiko3

MarkD
8th Apr 2005, 18:07
As far as I can make out, they had a 313X (ex AC) and a 311 (ex VS). Which is being returned?

kpiko3
8th Apr 2005, 18:33
9Y-JIL the 313.Ex Virgin.

Kris

JIPPO
9th Apr 2005, 12:24
BWIA must have got their problems sorted out, as both BFS and PIK are now back on sale today, after being suspended yesterday.

JIPPO

10 DME ARC
9th Apr 2005, 13:47
No direct flights coming up today just via LHR !

Sorry that was from Belfast!

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
9th Apr 2005, 14:03
The system has just let me go right through a Manchester booking and shows direct flights in May

G-I-B

kpiko3
9th Apr 2005, 22:41
Been told today that the PIK leg is back on sale!

Good news!

kpiko5

XSBaggage
10th Apr 2005, 11:29
kpik03,

I want to see the service continue as much as you do from PIK but the allocation of seats ex-PIK is only 75!!! Easter week seats sold nearly reached this.

This kind of uncertainty can only damage their future bookings. Hope that their problems have been well and truly ironed out now.

XSB