PDA

View Full Version : Cubana / Novair Et Al.

The African Dude
7th Apr 2005, 21:11
Right, this is the definitive thread on the latest with this lot (Cubana / Novair Et al).

'Ere we go! What on earth have I read about Cubana?!? :{ The excitement faced with a return flight LGW-HVA in May can only be superseded by the stories of internal flights. Internally, well let's say as much fun as the flight would have been, I'm not overly upset that I havn't planned on an internal flight. But what is the story then with flying LGW-HVA (via HGN out it seems) these days??

Subject to European regulations I'm sure it's all great, but if there's any one there who has the actual information...

Is it still operated by Novair?
Is it nice or not?? :uhoh:

Then, the less important but interesting...
How's the in-flight / TV's etc?
Seating pitch cosy, is it?:suspect:

Then the boundary conditions
Servisair lounge at LGW South worth looking at? Maybe I should post seperately for that. I heard my money might be better spent on a meal somewhere else in the terminal. Opinions or info?
Getting visas easy at LGW?

..and finally, thanks for any replies!!

(tumbleweed smiley gone tech)

:ok:

The African Dude
10th Apr 2005, 11:08
Stillborn :(

Anyone at all that has travelled LGW-HVA with Cubana / Novair or know anything about it?

Thanks again..

PAXboy
10th Apr 2005, 12:39
Sorry I only have second hand info from a colleague who did the route five years ago - so no indication of what it is like now. Perhaps the fact that no one seems to have done the route is all the indication you need?? ;)

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Bob Upndown
13th Apr 2005, 11:48
Dude,

I'm part of a team going out to HAV next week to work on a project for another airline who's commencing flight ops into the city in June.

We're being told that the only routes available to us are

LHR-CDG-HAV (AF)
or
LHR-MAD-HAV (IB)

BA also offer flts LGW-MAD, you can then pickup the MAD-HAV IB flt.

I stand to be corrected but it may be that nowadays there isn't any direct LGW-HAV flt.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Bob

c.r.m what is it
13th Apr 2005, 19:06
Afraid I can't help you with the cabin service, but it is deff still operated by Novair, using the A330, as it was up there this morning, belive it continues to ARN one day a week.

The African Dude
14th Apr 2005, 21:00
Thanks guys.

Bob, think this one is operated via Holguin - I'm not 100% sure if they sell seats seperately or if it's entirely charter or what.

Either way, thankyou for your posts folks! 4th May.....I can almost taste the Rum....:O