PDA

View Full Version : Secondment

insty66
7th Apr 2005, 18:46
Does anyone out there have the definitive gen as to wether secondment is reckonable service or not?
Having asked 3 different agencies, I have got 3 different takes on the subject.
What I need to know is: Does time spent on Al Yamama(sp?) count towards reckonable service hence pension rights etc? Or are all my current exit dates 22 years and LOS 30 all to pot?

The final answer will impact greatly on my decisions regarding tranche 2/3 redundancy applications.

Also is there any difference between comissioned and non-comissioned terms regarding this subject?

Regards
I66

L J R
7th Apr 2005, 19:10
Presuming you mean RAF servcie and you are still 'in' the service - It is reconable as 'the company' pays into your pension scheme. It does so in order not to pay into one created for other AY civillians.

How redundancies and the differences between NCO & Commissioned personnel pensions are affected - Don't know.

insty66
7th Apr 2005, 19:21
LJR
Thanks for reply

Yes RAF Service, does that also mean my "time served" is unaffected?
Sorry to keep asking questions but a lot could be riding on it!

Cheers :ok:
I66

fergineer
8th Apr 2005, 05:30
Insty I did 4 years with the Oman Air Force and all my time there was counted as reckonable service...........

navbag
8th Apr 2005, 12:16
Spent three years in KSA on secondment some time ago, have now left the RAF and am happily in receipt of my pension. Time served and pension entitlement are completely unaffected. Indeed, the only real difference to being in the RAF is your pay...it is from BAES and it's bigger, although not as big in percentage terms as it used to be!

Impiger
8th Apr 2005, 20:54
Careful chaps. Its not that straightforward and each case is potentially different. Some secondment does not count as reckonable service - the Tornado and EF agencies for example. Best advice is to check with your desk officer over the specific terms of your seconded post.

insty66
13th Apr 2005, 19:25
Thanks for your replies.
I found out today that under the terms of the 1986 Al Yamama agreement, service is reckonable and pension is unaffected (yippee):cool: ...........................but as Impiger suggested other secondments and loans do affect your service and pension and you may have to "buy back" the appropriate time to ensure you get the pension you thought you would.
JSP 468 I think is the oracle or was it 486???:uhoh:

Cheers I66