PDA

View Full Version : UK Election 2005 - who's got the biggest aircraft?

brabazon
7th Apr 2005, 15:53
No politics, just an item on what Messrs Blair, Howard and Kennedy are spending their party's money on flying around the country at the moment:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4417507.stm

timmcat
7th Apr 2005, 15:55
JetBlast here we go............

Capn Notarious
7th Apr 2005, 16:26
The Torys have an orange red heli, the Labour one is blue white. Each machine made in America.
Both fashion victims, not even colour co-ordinated.
I ask you, where does quality exist?

So the faster fuel / passenger efficient ATR Aeroplane; is out the front flanked by the other two not keeping up.

Just watch the swingometer.

inaspin
7th Apr 2005, 17:17
Is Tony using a helicopter because his transport policy has failed? He needs a helicopter as road and rail are too slow.

Whirley
7th Apr 2005, 17:20
Is Tony sticking to an American made Helo because of his links with george or because he does not want to join europe????

Onan the Clumsy
7th Apr 2005, 17:50
I thought Tony Blair was using this green one:

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v17/larrygre/nytf2004/mrc_ch46.jpg

Dash-7 lover
7th Apr 2005, 18:02
Many years ago the Lib Dems chartered a DAN AIR HS748 GBIUV and arrived at Plymouth, only to be told they had a spelling mistake on one side of the aircraft - painted on the tail was Libaral Democrats!!!

Didn't Blair use Titans 146 or 737 one year??

Del Prado
7th Apr 2005, 18:17
Last election night the candidates flew back to London from there consituencies.

Tony Blair in a shiney new A320, then half an hour later came William Hague in a Gulfstream. THen about 2 hours later Charles Kennedy arrived in a King Air. Never seen the Newsnight graphics convey the result quite so well.

XXTSGR
7th Apr 2005, 18:19
That pic of Kennedy doesn't look like an ATR to me... :confused: :8

Ahhhh - I read more of the text. Methinks it's a Citation. :D

Oshkosh George
7th Apr 2005, 18:32
Are you SURE it was William Hague? I thought he'd retired!

maxman
7th Apr 2005, 19:51
I'd prefer it if he was using the ship in the bottom left of your piccie Onan:E

Del Prado
8th Apr 2005, 12:05
Oshkosh George, Think he stepped down just after the last election.

DarkStar
8th Apr 2005, 15:53
I think Blair considered using a Titan aircraft but there was a spelling mistake on the title, the 'a' and 'n' were missing:E

SilsoeSid
8th Apr 2005, 20:42
If Tony Blairs visit to BHX today is anything to go by, he wants the title;

http://www.aero-charter-darta.com/images/falcon90.jpg Falcon 900, not the same a/c but a nice pic I thought

If the visit to Longbridge wasn't vote saving, what is?

Anti Skid On
9th Apr 2005, 13:31
From the BBC

Mr Kennedy is also reported to have a helicopter or a plane on stand-by to rush him to his wife's bedside when she goes into labour with their first child.

I presume the child is yet to be born, or is she changing sides?

tony draper
9th Apr 2005, 13:42
Hmmm wonder if the father will be there as well.
:rolleyes:

effortless
9th Apr 2005, 14:02
Time was that these ACs were private and services donated by supporters.

jabird
10th Apr 2005, 01:47
Total hypocricy all round, imho.

Lib Dems are "toughest" on carbon emmissions:

"But his decision to get his campaign off to its traditional "flying start" in a six seat Cessna Citation led to criticism he was damaging the environment." Combined with the 46 seat ATR, he'd be doing a good bit of gas guzzling.

But locally, the two Labour twits in Rugby & Kenilworth + Leamington & Warwick have both intefered in the CVT saga, not to mention all that guff about the White Paper not "prejudicing the planning application". Neither prepared to respond to calls to justify their backing of the local council's squandering of 2.5m+ of tax payer's money on this inquiry.

Blairs touched down for all of 54 minutes in Warwick a month ago (just a school visit, no campaigning of course), and also went through the very airport his two loyal poodles are trying to get closed down earlier in the year.

Local tories totally missing the trick to capitalise on Labour's double standards here too, both have backed the nimby minorities, and totally failed to understand the difference between the mega airport "suggested" for Rugby, and CVT's modest operation.

No one seems to have cottoned on to the fact that both Rugby & Cliffe are very marginal constituencies either.