PDA

View Full Version : CTC AQC Course notes

macky
7th Apr 2005, 12:28
Hi Guys

I was recently lucky enough to be accepted onto the AQC course with CTC. I'm just having to wait about a month or so for a course start date and was wondering if anyone had an old set of course notes that they are finished with ?

Realise it's unlikely to find anyone to help but thought I could do some preparation for this demanding course.

Thanks in advance

:ok:

father murry
7th Apr 2005, 12:44
What a fantastic display of `brown nosing`. knowing Mr Billett, as i do, i`m sure you will do very well on his little course.

Zulu Yankee
7th Apr 2005, 13:21
I know someone who went on it. Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, what is the selection process? how difficult? and how many applicants to places?

Cheers

TRon
8th Apr 2005, 18:03
You will be sent out course notes at least 2 weeks prior to start as far as I remember.

Pass on applicants to places. Plenty of info on the selection if you do a search. Broadly 4 stages

Stage 1: Application Form
Stage 2: Group Day
Stage 3: Another Group day and Interviews
Stage 4: AQC Course

When I was there 7 out of 12 got through Stage 2, then all but one got through Stage 3. No-one failed my AQC course but it does happen (about 90% pass was the figure I heard being banded about). I believe the biggest cull is at the Application Form stage where people just dont bother filling it all in properly as it is a mammouth form!

Sonny R
11th Apr 2005, 15:36
Is there anyone who recently has been on Stage 2, or who has received a date for Stage 2, who can tell me when you sent your application form to CTC? I have only got an answer where it is stated that the interview will be later this year and I am curious about how long I have to wait...

superstall
11th Apr 2005, 17:58
look on the website www.ctcaviation.com for details of the selection under wings ATP. It seems to have changed since I did it so i'm not too much help anymore

Sonny R
12th Apr 2005, 06:56
I have visited the homepage recently, but ít doesn't really help me. What I am interested of is the time between submiting the application form and Stage 2, at the present situation.

Power-Attitude-Trim
12th Apr 2005, 09:19
I had Stages 2 + 3 last month (with Macky, I suspect ;) ).

I sent the application form in October last year, so expect a reasonable wait for the next stage.

P-A-T (Phil)

slow_bird1
11th Jul 2005, 18:37
hi

do you remeber exacly what you put on your application form that clearly worked for you to get the interview? i.e any buzz words or what you thought would do trick, going to fill out form over next few days any tips would be great

thanks

d

CAT3C AUTOLAND
11th Jul 2005, 18:48
dtrevatt,

I think the bottom line is, just be honest. If you fill your application form with BS, you will only fall down when quizzed about it.

Take a photo-copy of your form before you send it, just so you know what you wrote!

All the best.

EGBKFLYER
12th Jul 2005, 07:16
Did phase 2 last Thursday, 7 July. Got binned unfortunately.

Sent my form in November, but the holding pool was a bit full. Has recently been emptied, so several phase 2 days planned shortly. I would expect a much quicker process again (according to what they told us on the day).

On a related note, I'm not going to reveal details of the content of the tests but I will say watch out for the tech questions - a couple of weasel-worded ones is what tripped me up I think. Don't think too hard about them, my opinion is that they want the simple answer. All told, I am confident that I got most questions right but the standard is obviously higher than 'most'.

Best of luck to those trying now - it's a great scheme in my opinion.