PDA

View Full Version : RAF Northolt

noodnik
7th Apr 2005, 10:03
Has anyone heard anything about the privatisation of Northolt. Understand someone may be in the market for it ???

G-ANDY
7th Apr 2005, 11:20
NetJets would probably want to buy it! I thought it was Queens personal airport?

noodnik
7th Apr 2005, 12:02
So did I but money talks

spannerless
7th Apr 2005, 12:30
The queens private airport!

I think you were miss informed!

Its Beelzebub himself who owns the airport she just just charters it now and again.

mind you he's about to be deposed come May 5th or whenever!

:E

Mark Lewis
7th Apr 2005, 17:46
Believed the main intention of the RAF was to sell it on to developers?

Buster the Bear
7th Apr 2005, 18:00
The local authority places heavy movement restrictions on Northolt and it would seem to be impossible to increase the number of arrivals, departures and the airport opening hours?

NetJets are the largest civil user of Northolt.

http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

Slaphead
7th Apr 2005, 19:13
I think the local authority restrictions were only on civilian movements and not military? My understanding is that there is a possibility that the number of MOD airfields may reduce in the future but that Northolt will stay open because of the need to have access to an airfield within the M25/Central London vicinity.

LTNman
7th Apr 2005, 21:09
Departures from LTN are often held on the runway due to Northolt movements. Can’t see much expansion coming from that direction due to ATC implications.

Fried_Chicken
7th Apr 2005, 21:10
Slaphead/all,
That is indeed correct, there is a total number of permitted civilian movements pa but Northolt are allowed to handle as many Military/government related movements (not just UK mil' but any Military/Government connected aircraft).

There are also very tight operating guidelines for Civilian operators (limited opening hours, usually something like 0730-2000, mon-fri, closed weekends & bank holidays, no single engine aircraft etc..). However, Netjets lease a hangar at Northolt so are classed as a 'based operator' so they can get around the official opening times (to civilian aircraft) & operate to & from Northolt at weekends (along with any mil'/gov't related flights)

HTH
Fried Chicken

CAP670
8th Apr 2005, 16:11
Build LHR's new 09L/27R, close Northolt and move the civil operations to Biggin Hill, City, Farnborough, Luton and Stansted!

If the RAF wants the British taxpayer to fund a London airfield facility for its use, it can have a hangar and an apron at Biggin Hill, Farnborough, Luton or Stansted...

:hmm: