PDA

View Full Version : I hesitate to ask this, but...

Loose rivets
7th Apr 2005, 04:45
I hesitate to ask this, but does anyone remember (from a time before most of you were borne) a most extraordinary item in ‘The Log' where a female crew member became distressed to hear that they might have to make an impromptu night-stop?

Her anxt came from the fact that her partner was left....er, immobilized, back home, and she needed someone from ops to go to her abode and effect a...well, some sort of rescue operation.

After several funny comments and indeed a cartoon, it was suggested that people wrote in to suggest a suitable telex message. I looked with interest at the next issue, but nothing, nada, zilch. I imagined masses of old-timers spuffeling into their beers while writing messages of protest to Log editors.

Rainboe
7th Apr 2005, 07:26
The last time I heard this doing the rounds was sometime in the early 90s. I heard it before that in the early 80s. I think you will find it is one of those mythological aviation stories that never actually happened, but never dies- like the guy who has some Hercules jetpacs and straps one to the back of his truck, and all they find is a hole in an Arizona cliff! Lovely stories, and there will always be people who swear they know the culprit, but fables nevertheless.

Onan the Clumsy
7th Apr 2005, 12:28
LR why? do you want her address? :}

ORAC
7th Apr 2005, 12:32
Donīt ask...

reynoldsno1
7th Apr 2005, 21:43
...or his address, maybe....:ooh:

Loose rivets
8th Apr 2005, 04:50
LR why? do you want her address?

Not if she's daft enough to go out, having had her wicked way with me.....er, let alone leave the country. ;)

Funny thing is, that the Log was a fairly staid production in those days. Perhaps that's why it didn't start a thread.