PDA

View Full Version : accommadation in amsterdam

oskar
7th Apr 2005, 00:50
hi guys,
I am about to participate in type training with cae in amsterdam in may, would anyone out there be kind enough to know any budget places to stay for about 6 weeks near hoofdorp. Any help would be grateful.

regards

oskar

Dr. Feelgood
7th Apr 2005, 07:55
Hi,

Do a search on google or try this: http://www.vinden.nl/z/hotel_hoofddorp.html. You should be able to find a hotel for an average (but cheap) price of 50 euros a night. I would also contact CAE themselves. I know they used to have their own campus just around the corner. Maybe they have a spare room for a good price. I you have questions, just ask me. I live in that neighborhood. Enjoy your stay and the training:ok:

Cheers,

Doc

Dutchie
7th Apr 2005, 08:27
Speak to the guys at CAE as they have a list of self catering accom. Or at least they used to. Hotels are too expensive in general in that area as it is a prime business area. The best deal is the one with the NH hotel schiphol which has a free shuttle to CAE. Cost was appr €110 without breakfast a few years ago.

cheers

WX Man
7th Apr 2005, 08:37
Plenty of youth hostels in Amsterdam. Hoofdorp is very easy to get to from the city.

TheFlyingDJ
7th Apr 2005, 21:21
Also try the Bastion Hotel, might be good enough.

Lots of B&B in AMS, but watch out for the crooks ;)

Cap Loko
8th Apr 2005, 12:51
and if you want to spend a less money as possible, you may consider taking over an appartment temporary from someone.

Advertisements can be found on www.martkplaats.nl for example. Some ads are in English as well. A few months ago I had one appartment for 600 euros for 6 weeks.

If you are going to stay in Amsterdam don't forget the costs of and time to travel to Hoofddorp (about 20 mins from Ams. Central Station to Hoofddorp Central Station, then a 10-15 min walk to CAE).

Dutchie
8th Apr 2005, 15:07
should be www.marktplaats.nl I guess ;)

oskar
8th Apr 2005, 21:50
hi guys,
thank you so much for all the replys. the last two replys i have looked at, would you have the dutch translation for rental accomadation as i am having trouble finding it.

regards
oskar

Cap Loko
10th Apr 2005, 18:26
Here you go:

go to www.marktplaats.nl

then select on the left column: WONINGEN TE HUUR

then select Amsterdam,

good luck. Q's? pm me

cheers