PDA

View Full Version : Red Arrows support for smoke free Lincs.

MrBernoulli
6th Apr 2005, 22:25
No, they aren't giving up their red, white and blue pollution over the skies of Lincs. Many is the time when we used to choke on the airfield at Cranditz - no aircon in a Bulldog! And to think that my car has to pass an emissions test to stay on the road!

Its very pretty but it is tantamount to environmental anarchy.

Oh boy, the flaming is going to start now ............

From the RAFT website news:

Wednesday 9th March marks National No Smoking Day and members of Lincolnshire’s Emergency Services were on hand today to assist the Red Arrows in promoting the Smokefree Lincs Alliance. Smokefree Lincs is a multi-agency group of people who are mandated to represent their organisation on smoking-related issues in Lincolnshire to:
• develop and co-ordinate new and innovative projects tackling tobacco control and smoking
• build on excellent work already undertaken in the field of tobacco control
• promote 'best practice' and cost-effectiveness
• recognise achievements in tobacco control
• influence and lobby local and national organisations
• support research, data collection and disseminate related information
Squadron Leader Simon Davies, The Senior Engineering Officer on The Red Arrows has pledged to give up smoking in conjunction with National No Smoking Day and Smokefree Lincs. His progress will be closely followed, as he will be the example to others on the Squadron to quit smoking.
:ok:

rej
7th Apr 2005, 00:14
I have to admit that I am normally pretty apathetic about the Reds' activities but they should be commended for this. Well done guys and thanks.

(from someone who has a non-smoking loved-one fighting the dreaded C)

soddim
7th Apr 2005, 09:23
What a worthwhile contribution to the health of young people - the Reds must be the most respected role models as a result.

Tourist
7th Apr 2005, 10:28
Yup, I'm sure Quick-Fit Fitters all over the country will be following their example and giving up to.................

:p

detgnome
7th Apr 2005, 14:13
Shame we can't have a smoke free Akrotiri....

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
7th Apr 2005, 16:53
I hope you healthy buggers realise what a burden to society you'll become when you live to be 100.

The way this is going, Gordon will have to put another 50p on a packet of fags to cover the cost of the pensions black hole.

Except I'm on duty-free's, and they aren't bad for you.

soddim
7th Apr 2005, 17:01
I smoked for 36 years - some people take longer to learn than others!

Trouble is, the longer I live the more that ba****d Brown gets.

Seems like the country can't afford my death.