PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Pictures on Internet Explorer

Scottie Dog
6th Apr 2005, 18:54
Another question - I'm afraid, but I am starting to understand what is going on in the computer world, I think.

Why is it that sometimes when I am access IE I loss the pictures/graphics? All that I get is a box with an 'x' in it. If I reboot the pc then it normally works ok.

It is driving my rather impatient teenage daughter mad - she foes not have the time to reboot - kids!

I have tried a search, but I am obviously asking the wrong question.

Thanks as always.

Scottie Dog.

Memetic
6th Apr 2005, 21:16
It could be a number of things. Some like the picture being missing from the web server are out of your control.

However you may find that clearing the browser cache will help.

On the tools menu, Internet Options, then choose delete tempoary internet files.

nwaflygirl
7th Apr 2005, 02:29
Start, Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced tab, Scroll down to Multimedia, Somewhere in th middle it says show pictures. Click to check the box. Restart browser.

more instruction/solutions also:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Heliport
7th Apr 2005, 09:42
On forums, there are at least a couple more reasons the picture might not display.

If people have made an error, however minor, when copying the 'url' of the picture into their post, the picture won't display.

If the picture they've posted is on a 3rd party website which doesn't allow direct linking.
eg Sometimes the owners of websites put brackets somewhere in the 'url' of their pictures. The brackets don't stop the pics displaying on their own site, but they stop direct linking from other sites.

(There is a way of getting around this but there's more to it than just removing the brackets.)

Scottie Dog
7th Apr 2005, 20:52
Thanks to those who have responded with suggestions.

I have cleared the temporary internet files and - touching wood - that seems to have done the trick.

nwaflygirl - already had the 'Picture' box ticked, but thanks anyway.

Really appreciate the offers and suggestions.