PDA

View Full Version : Living in Bahrain

Little M
6th Apr 2005, 16:10
Wondering if any of you can give me some advice on living in Bahrain. Fly out next week to start training with Gulf as cabin crew. Really have no idea what to expect. What is the cost of living like compared to salary? What are Gulf like to work for? Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

picobello
6th Apr 2005, 20:42
Little M

Use the "search" machine on this forum and you will find all infos requested.

Cheers

:ok:

coopervane
8th Apr 2005, 19:01
Well if you like HOT it's HOT! 50 degrees when I was there.
Its' cool season drops to mid sixty ish.

Probably as big as the Isle of Man. Manama the capital is a banking centre with lots of shops. It is cheap to eat out with all the usual quisine catered for. You can drink too! Go down the suique for a market bargain and haggle like mad. Dodgy watches and jewels galore. Gold is cheap and is good value am told.

Appartments are quite reasonable and you can expect a fully furnished pad with aircon from about £400 p/m

Lots of Saudi's over at the weekends for a wee tipple!

It takes about a week to see all there is too see and you will find as you travel to the other end of the island, the scenery get less and less. There is one official beach which compares to New Brighton without the shops. No award winning golden sands but the sea is like a warm bath, usually hotter than the air temp.

The airport is OK and is undergoing a revamp. Cheap flights available to most destinations.

All in all it is not a bad place but it is no Dubai.

PM me for more info.
Coop & Bear

scanscanscan
13th Apr 2005, 10:52
A fully furnished apartment for £400 a month in Bahrain sounds cheap!
Please PM me the address.