PDA

View Full Version : Screw Global Warming

allan907
6th Apr 2005, 15:40
Screw global warming. I don't care. On Monday the bank made a mistake and credited the $2125 I put into my account as $21,250.00! And today I received a tax demand for $0.00!!!

Oh happy, happy day!!!

So what would make YOU happy?

PS Bank corrected its error pretty smartish - so I guess there will be a letter in the post soon telling me that I owe squillions to the tax man.

airship
6th Apr 2005, 17:10
Funnily enough, something similar happened to me with a "surplus" CI RBS a/c. One noticed that they had credited the a/c with 30k plus. On one's next statement, one saw that the amount had been debited a few days later. One understands that the practice is a frequent one. Bank staff use slow-moving a/cs in order to camouflage other types of transactions. Whatever they may be... :suspect:

tony draper
6th Apr 2005, 17:16
Could be that someone is using your account to shift money aound,money laundering, drug buys and such, trick would be to wait until they stick it in, rush to your bank and withdraw it before they shift it.
:cool:

airship
6th Apr 2005, 17:24
Remind me how much it costs to off someone in Bogota. How much more for Bogata - Nice return plus a few days in a 3* hotel?

Nah! If they want to use an old a/c for funny stuff with the full cooperation of the bank... uhmmm, they're welcome! :uhoh:

Omaha
6th Apr 2005, 17:27
From an Environmentalist: Sorry to hear your good luck didn't last. :E

airship
6th Apr 2005, 17:30
Some stigma may be involved.

The SSK
6th Apr 2005, 18:18
Reminds me of a colleague who had been the BOAC chief accountant USA, one evening he was called by the bank to say they had received a payment of 75 million dollars, credited to 'British Airways Corporation' and could this be right? He told them to stick it in an overnight deposit, at about a thousandth of a percent interest, and they would sort it out in the morning.

The next morning he told them to return the money to the originator, since it was obviously meant for the British Aircraft Corporation - for a fleet of One-Elevens, presumably. The several thousand dollars it had earned in interest should not be returned, however.