PDA

View Full Version : CAA exam centre in the USA ?

icepilot
6th Apr 2005, 13:07
I just heard that there is a CAA exam centre for the JAA exams in Orlando, Florida.

I was told this is because of the many schools in the US east - coast that teach the JAA syllabus.

Can anyone tell me if this is true and/or where to get more information on this place ?

:ok:

Ninety-Nines
6th Apr 2005, 13:45
If you are training through Heli Adventures, NAC or Delta Connection the exam center is available at no cost for the first 2 sittings (definitely at NAC and am sure this is the case with the other two). If you are not a student of the above you are still able to use the exam center at a charge of $400.00 per exam month sitting. Please email chris at [email protected] should you wish to use the center and he will arrange this for you.

Semfic
12th Apr 2005, 12:42
The exam facilities are located in Sanford, about 40km north of Orlando. (lake mary boulevard @ a hotel called Homewood Suites). There are severa schools doing their exams here, I went to one of them which is Atlantic Flight Training in Cooperation with Delta Connection Academy.

Contact Atlantic at www.flyaft.com or mail; [email protected].

They're situated in the UK, Coventry... but perform groundschool in the ATPLs in Sanford, Orlando (orlando sanford int. airport.) as well as in the UK.

NACGS
13th Apr 2005, 01:12
Delta /Atlantic are no longer doing JAA ATPL theory training in the USA, the exam center is just between us at NAC and Helicopter Adventures now. We are the only 2 approved USA based theory providers now...

Cost is $400 per sitting week to use the exam center if you are not a student of NAC, Heli Adventures, or AFT. Like previous if you want to use it email me, the center is rarely nowadays at the Homewood Suites as we have up to 50 candidates sitting the exams so they are held at another nearby center most of the time. ( the reason there is a fee for this center is its in a hired facility and we must pay the university up in Orlando to provide the invigilators as well as paying the recurring CAA fees for recurrent inspection and supervision of the facilities)

Proof of payment for the use of the center must also be provided to the CAA at time of booking.

Chris

prunster
13th Apr 2005, 02:44
AFT / Delta isn't out of JAA training just yet. They still have an ATPL course running at the moment... You're about 2.5 months early with your statement!