PDA

View Full Version : BA Courses & Accommodation

MrBernoulli
6th Apr 2005, 10:27
Folks, I am looking for some advice with regard to my new job. I am due to start training for a British Airways B777 FO position at LHR in early June. This gives rise to 2 major questions:

1. What is the basic structure and length of the course? No need for major detail at this stage, just a basic outline because my next question is linked to this - I would like an idea of how long I may need temporary accommodation for.

2. Does anybody have advice on temporary accommodation in the LHR area? I think a daily commute from my current home would be a bit of a flog and I feel staying somewhere closer would be more conducive to a period of daily training and studying. I guess comfortably within 30 minutes of Cranebank might do? I am willing to consider B&B or any other ideas you may have. I have already spoken to BA recruiting and BALPA but they couldn’t help. Yes, I have seen the odd ad in The Log but I’m not sure I really need ‘luxury accommodation’ – surely something a bit more average? A balance of convenience and cost is the main thing, I suppose.

Perhaps there are those of you out there starting the same, or a similar course, soon? I would be happy to hear from anybody with constructive ideas, either in this forum or via PM. Thanks very much.

busflyer320
7th Apr 2005, 13:21
The course consists of around three weeks of groundschool followed by around three weeks of simulator. Route training on the aircraft is from three to six weeks.

There is lots of temporary accommodation near the airport run by various BA staff members. All the details are available in the Compass centre. On average they charge Ł90 per week.

Hope this is of some use and good luck with the course.:D

HZ123
8th Apr 2005, 10:03
With regard to accomo try looking at the CC section as their are 70+ CC joining us each month and there are always adverts on the site.