PDA

View Full Version : BRS EMB-145 Emergancy Yesterday

WindSheer
6th Apr 2005, 09:56
Did anyone catch what was happening. It came in on emergency (not sure if PAN or MAYDAY), fire crews followed it up runway and then surrounded it on the taxiiway for around 20mins before a tug towed it back onto stand. Flaps were left down, so I assume hydraulics problem.

Before somemone starts doing the old "and your point is?" kind of posts, I am quite interested in what happened, as it looked quiite sensitive for the 20 mins on the taxiiway.

:confused:

Standard Noise
6th Apr 2005, 12:27
and your point is?;)

WindSheer
6th Apr 2005, 13:38
Thats quite a nice line of comedy my dear chap, quite nice. One immediately sensed that you were taking the urine!! :ok:

145qrh
6th Apr 2005, 16:01
145 has electric flaps, not hydraulic ones

WindSheer
6th Apr 2005, 20:11
Must have had electrical problems then;)

chiglet
6th Apr 2005, 20:49
ws
I think the "correct expresso" is 'extracting the urine'...with an Oz accent ['cos I can't spell "antipodean"
watp,iktch

WindSheer
7th Apr 2005, 09:18
chiglet, although your statement is correct, I was actually using a polite word in replacement of the word p**s.

:D :p

Dash-7 lover
7th Apr 2005, 16:54
Without going into too much detail, it was a PAN call and hydraulic problem on GEMBD.

Piltdown Man
7th Apr 2005, 17:16
Standard reaction at NCL (and most other places, come to that!). Return to your point of departure unexpectantly, say you have a minor problem or even hint that things are non-standard and you will get the "blue light treatment." The clue that it is about to happen is the question from ATC "How many POB?" It's called "over-cautiousness" by aircrew, "standard practice" by ATC and "It's done for safety" by airport management. Still, it makes the firemen's day a little more interesting then endless rounders, netball and macramé.

Maude Charlee
8th Apr 2005, 08:52
"Unexpectantly"

What a great word. When does the Bedlington English Dictionary come out? Can I order one for Xmas?

:D