PDA

View Full Version : Z fares

KC-10 Driver
6th Apr 2005, 06:14
Anyone know anything about Zed fares? My understanding is that they are more used in Europe than where I live, in the U.S.

Anyone have a link to a website? I tried flyzed.com, but that doesn't seem to be the right site.

Thanks.

Avman
6th Apr 2005, 07:14
From my own experience (KLM special Business Class offer last Summer to YVR) I believe that Z fares are discounted Business Class fares. Depending on the airline, you might not earn your full allocation of frequent flyer award miles on these fares.

LLuke
6th Apr 2005, 08:55
ZED (zonal employee discount) fares are only available if the airliner you work for participates and negotiated agreements with other airliners. Only your company can tell you with who they have what kind of agreement. (ZM?, common law spouse OK?, max age of children 23?, CAT A/ CAT B, etc..)

Ciao,

Avman
6th Apr 2005, 08:59
Obviously "Z" and "Zed" fares are two different things altogether then. I travelled on a "Z" fare on a commercially acquired ticket.

litow
6th Apr 2005, 14:46
KC
Check your PM's

KC-10 Driver
6th Apr 2005, 15:09
Thanks for the replies so far.

Actually, I was inquiring about ZED fares -- didn't realize the difference until now between Z and ZED fares.