PDA

View Full Version : Irish Controllers

happy g
5th Apr 2005, 18:10
Hi There

I have the pleasure of flying in the eastern Cape on a regular basis, I used to hear Irish controllers in East London and found them to be friendly and quick witted alas i have not heard them in a while , have they transferred elsewhere or has ATNS sorted out the staffing situation and no longer need contract controllers

TMAguide
5th Apr 2005, 18:39
I am an ex PE atc, now in Ct ... the two Irish ATC's in EL went back home, John for personal reasons (child on the way) and Chevonne left for not wanting to be alone there. There are still two in PE (Mike and Colum) and two new ones in CT (TC and Mick) All great guys...good party animals.....

mini
5th Apr 2005, 18:53
"Chevonne left for not wanting to be alone there"

'Siobhan' surely, shame on you guys for not looking after her better :}

Deanw
6th Apr 2005, 08:33
Saw either Mick or TC behind the screen, undergoing instruction, on Monday morning.

At least he was smiling :ok:

krobar
6th Apr 2005, 09:49
Strange how there are quite a few funny accents floating around different airspaces around SA. Even heard some out on an airforce base a short while back. Very professional though, and i could even understand what they sayd... ;-)

6th Apr 2005, 21:30
Funny thing about the foreign controllers: ATNS has refused a few SA chaps who wanted to return to SA from the UAE a job on the grounds that they cant be employed because of the Affirmative Action laws in place. 2 ATCs were affected as far as I know. But then there are Danes, Irish and what not working in South Africa. I believe the Danes have left, but are the Irish of the darker skin colour? What exactly are the criteria for re-employment at ATNS? Are they so well staffed that they can turn their country-men away and yet still hire foreigners?

PS. Heard the story of the rejected controllers via the grapevine and can't vouch for its authenticity!

porra
7th Apr 2005, 17:45
Adding to 126,7, any chance of ever returning to SA(let alone FACT) as an ATC with ATNS? I heard that Cape Town is pretty full...

Regards to Glen, Jason & Jaco(Old SAAF mates)

Porra

jack4577
8th Apr 2005, 16:03
Hope you guys can understand our acsents!!!If you are finding it difficult you only have to listen to it for another year and a half.

Hogg
9th Apr 2005, 01:42
Maith an fear Jack, ca bhfuil tu ag obair? Taim ar an 757 o Lgw ag dul an Thiar.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Apr 2005, 05:31
Hogg

Funny thing. I sound like that as well after a couple of Guinness'. Maybe it's the peanuts they serve alongside?:E

Glad to have the guys here. Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine. You'll not see much of it back in Ould Oireland.

MarkD
12th Apr 2005, 19:48
Did you never see the film "The Commitments"?

"The Irish are the blacks of Europe" after all :D

B Sousa
12th Apr 2005, 20:30
And the Irish dont Drink..................Much