PDA

View Full Version : Things in life that seem to last an eternity

Jerricho
5th Apr 2005, 10:36
The last hour of a night shift/long hual flight/visit from the MIL.

The time from spotting a police speed trap to the point where you realise you weren't speeding.

Any chick flick you wife makes you watch.

The wrath of a woman who's mother you have insulted.

Trabby................ :E

The Invisible Cat
5th Apr 2005, 10:50
Jerricho's posts
:}

Omark44
5th Apr 2005, 10:50
The time between him coming and her going!:E

Standard Noise
5th Apr 2005, 10:51
"visit from the MIL" - Jerricho, you thieving b*****d that was my answer!;)
This Labour govt, Noisy jnr's school holidays, the journey home after a good holiday.

"The wrath of a woman who's mother you have insulted", you're not having trouble insulting the old broom rider while the wife is in the room, are you Jerricho? I cracked that one ages ago.:p

Spuds McKenzie
5th Apr 2005, 10:53
TRRBATPSOIT
:rolleyes:

Jerricho
5th Apr 2005, 10:58
*Jerricho kicks the cat* :p

The time it takes an unpleasant odor emitted by a co-worker to dissapate, especially when you're sitting at a radar console and can't move away.

The supposed "30 minutes"' from ordering a pizza from Dominos to it arriving at the door.

The Superbowl.

Buster Hyman
5th Apr 2005, 11:13
That month where you wondered if you got out in time....:ooh: :uhoh:

flynverted
5th Apr 2005, 11:15
My first marriage. :confused: :ugh: :hmm:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/flynverted/pprune3.gif

Kolibear
5th Apr 2005, 11:25
The time between the sudden realisation that you really do have an urgent need to find a toilet NOW .........and that blessed moment of relief.

The SSK
5th Apr 2005, 11:41
The time between the sudden realisation that you really do have an urgent need to find a toilet NOW .........and that blessed moment of relief. Especially when you're on the bus from Heathrow to Maidenhead which used to take 20 minutes but now it takes an hour and a quarter.

Rushton
5th Apr 2005, 11:49
A Formula One race. Unending tedium.

The time taken by the person in front of me at the supermarket check-out to pack bags and then rummage for the debit/credit card. (and i thought w*men could multi-task)

Kaptin M
5th Apr 2005, 11:53
Waiting for AT:mad:C to give you a clearance to a different level, when you're getting the shite pounded out of you at the one that took you an eternity to choose at flight planning!

Onan the Clumsy
5th Apr 2005, 12:02
Jerricho's posts I object to that. Mine are way more interminable :*

Taildragger55
5th Apr 2005, 12:02
The time it takes the boss to tell an ancient joke.

A jump run when you have not jumped for a loooong time.

A career in accountancy.

Devlin Carnet
5th Apr 2005, 12:04
The wife and daughters spending birthday money at the trafford centre. :{

Chief Chook
5th Apr 2005, 12:05
Omaha.

pilotwolf
5th Apr 2005, 12:26
Bitterness...
Overdrafts...
Smell of spilt milk...
Smell of damp dog...

PW

airship
5th Apr 2005, 12:31
Lotto numbers which don't come up :(

A no. 2 after a night on the piss and a very very very very very hot vindaloo... :O

High Wing Drifter
5th Apr 2005, 12:53
A Tesco's currey in the microwave.

MadsDad
5th Apr 2005, 12:53
A visit to the dentist.

allan907
5th Apr 2005, 14:26
The time taken from thinking you have an engine problem over "tiger country" to reaching glide distance to the first paddock in the wheatbelt (Western Australia) and an assured emergency landing area.

(Comments from Swinging Monkey not required as he only dangles from a wire and doesn't actually fly aeroplanes)

Airship How do you do that????

BenThere
5th Apr 2005, 14:30
Rap and Hip-hop.

cyclicmicky
5th Apr 2005, 16:37
Waiting in the Hover for atc clearance to depart.
:E

tony draper
5th Apr 2005, 16:51
Being behind a MK 5 old lady in the post office queue, never experienced it meself, but I have read the books, once behind a Mark 4 and that was bad enough.
Fortunaltly one had a flask of tea and some sarnies about one's person on that occasion, a sleeping bag would have been handy though.

Jerricho
5th Apr 2005, 16:54
Waiting for ATC to give you a clearance to a different level, when you're getting the shite pounded out of you at the one that took you an eternity to choose at flight planning!

Better than the anticipation of how long it's gonna take you to hit the ground when you get pounded by opposite direction traffic :E ;)

Spuds McKenzie
5th Apr 2005, 17:53
Jerricho, budday, you must've read my mind. :ok:

AntiCrash
5th Apr 2005, 19:16
---------Fourth Grade----------

SmilingKnifed
5th Apr 2005, 19:20
Waiting for your mate to produce the bail money.

Onan the Clumsy
5th Apr 2005, 19:24
The vinegar strokes.

(if it's really really good vinegar)

:ok:

cosworth211
5th Apr 2005, 19:25
Women.....

when they drive you somewhere
when in a retail outlet queue
when trying to choose a film to rent
when doing their make up
when choosing an outfit
when talking on the phone
when choosing a holiday

Its amazing human society has got so far at the speed women work ;)

flugholm
5th Apr 2005, 19:33
The time between filing my income tax declarartion and the tax refund actually arriving in my bank account.

In Berlin, this sometimes used to be less than two weeks until 2002. Then they reaarranged the local tax ofices. Now it may take over three months...

:{

Jerricho
5th Apr 2005, 19:40
Acbus1 waiting for a link to download :p

aged
6th Apr 2005, 01:07
Mastering another language

Your bag on a conveyor belt when you know just past security there is top tottie waiting for you and/or the hotel bar closes in 10 minutes

A dump, when you know you really need it and it's your last chance for 10 hours to have one

Atlas Shrugged
6th Apr 2005, 01:16
The small :mad: green thing with the :mad: lump on the :mad: end

RaraAvis
6th Apr 2005, 05:34
To see a World in a grain of sand
And a Heaven in a wild flower ,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand ,
And Eternity in an hour ...

William Blake

acbus1
6th Apr 2005, 06:22
Women (contd.).....

when you're engaged to one.
when you're married to one.
when you're divorced from one (and paying for it).

Acbus1 waiting for a link to download
I honestly thought about posting just that, but whenever I mention it certain people post loads of links/jibes/taunts/insults and I'm ever such a sensitive chap. :\

The Invisible Cat
6th Apr 2005, 06:42
acbus1 certain people post loads of links/jibes/taunts/insults and I'm ever such a sensitive chap.One wonders wether yer took a look at the sign on the entrance door ?

Stay out if you are faint hearted and always blame the Americans/French/British (delete as applicable)

Or as would a certain moderator say : Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate. (http://www.digiserve.co.uk/quotations/search.cgi?type=Author&terms=Dante%20Alighieri)

Gouabafla
6th Apr 2005, 06:56
You beat me to it Mad's dad. I was going to post "a visit to the dentist". Had a root canal done yesterday and was surprised to see that my kids were still living at home when I got back. I'd have thought they'd have had enough time to finish exams, university and get a job while I was being drilled and filled.

acbus1
6th Apr 2005, 07:05
GRR!! WOOOF!!

Rushton
6th Apr 2005, 11:52
The time taken by a fully loaded BAC One Eleven to leave the ground. Remember seeing parts of Heathrow's runway that I'd never seen before. :eek:

Omaha
6th Apr 2005, 12:22
Legal situations & Chief Chook. :\

tony draper
6th Apr 2005, 12:34
Bet the time betwixt the hood being pulled over ones head and the trapdoor opening seemed to stretch out a bit.

Jerricho
6th Apr 2005, 15:40
certain people post loads of links/jibes/taunts/insults and I'm ever such a sensitive chap.

Now who would do such a thing. Nobody round these parts.

(Must be them feckers over in History and Nostaligia. They're a mean bunch)

flapsforty
6th Apr 2005, 15:49
The time between an aborted take-off and the captain making his 'everything under control no need to evacuate' PA announcement. :ugh:

Jerricho
6th Apr 2005, 15:53
On certain airlines, the time between finishing a drink and the crew answering the call button for another :} :} ;)

Who loves ya Flappy ;)

AirScrew
6th Apr 2005, 16:20
The time from Airbus talking about A38x, and the first flight of the A380........still waiting......

The time from MicroSoft announcing a new product, and making a reliable version of it available........still waiting.....

The time it takes for Nicole Kidman to call me up for a date......still waiting......

;) ;) ;)

Jerricho
6th Apr 2005, 16:23
The time from Airbus talking about A38x, and the first flight of the A380

Oh, you've given me an idea for the "instant" thread!!

Onan the Clumsy
6th Apr 2005, 16:31
The time a link by 747Focal will be remembered due to it's graphic nature :E :E

tall and tasty
6th Apr 2005, 16:44
The days running up to an important event or meeting

TnT :p

AirScrew
6th Apr 2005, 16:46
The time it seemed to take for that drop-goal to go over........just for our antipodean friends:D :D :D

The time it is taking for JW to return to International Rugby ........ just to pacify our Antipodean friends.........;) ;) ;)

Jerricho
6th Apr 2005, 16:50
The time the English will be patting themselves on the back about THAT drop goal....... cause it will be the only one :E

(They've only just stopped with 1966 :rolleyes: )