PDA

View Full Version : BMI TO WETLEASE ICELANDAIR 752s

ALLDAYDELI
5th Apr 2005, 09:23
BMI applied to wetlease Icelandair B757-200 for the MAN-IAD-MAN roue May thru October. This is to cover for the A330s that have been drafted onto other "new" routes. News from the UK CAA website today, economic regulation weekly updates.

WHBM
5th Apr 2005, 11:53
Catch up, CAA. BMI have been selling seats and advising/rebooking existing pax (well, the few that had the temerity to phone in and ask) for about a month now. All discussed on a well known bulletin board cum scandal sheet elsewhere, for those not worthy to post on PPRuNe.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409282&page=1

Perhapd the CAA should start reading it !

The "new routes", is that what the CAA say ? Haven't they worked out yet that it's Bombay and Riyadh ?

MaximumPete
5th Apr 2005, 14:40
Well, I've just rung the travel itinery desk and they assure me that I have a firm booking in New Economy when I travel to IAD in September.

When I mentioned the press release concerning the "damp" lease of the B757 and quoted from the bmi website I was again reassured by a very nice lady that my booking still stood and that I would be travelling in New Economy.

Having paid double the standard economy fare, before taxes, I hope it all works out.

MP;)

expelair
5th Apr 2005, 14:58
The "New Economy" no longer exists, it is now called
"Premium Economy" so you travel agent MP is a little out of date.
Dont you work for bmi?:confused:

MaximumPete
5th Apr 2005, 15:10
I used to but when I made my booking on 14th March, it was before they announced the name change and the "damp" lease was awarded to MAN-IAD. It was being sold as an Airbus flight.

BTW Premium Economy bookings appear to have disappeared off the bmi website on this route from 8th May until 2nd November.

MP;)

expelair
5th Apr 2005, 15:16
Fare enought MP.
General feeling is that the IAD route is up for the chop at the end of the summer, if the 757 dose not kill it it looks like D/Hall will.
Its not making money you know, just come back from IAD full both ways BC full of full fare + 10tons of freight but it's not worth keeping.
Dont understand the logic, send plane to LHR for 4 a week op keep it on the ground for 3 days and lease in another a/c to operate another route , talk about waisting money.

lexxity
5th Apr 2005, 16:32
here you go find it all discussed here

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166467

;) lexx

Backtrack
5th Apr 2005, 20:43
Is Sir Michael Bishop still on the board at My Travel? If so, might it have been possible - and the decent thing to do - to wet lease in from them instead of going overseas?:confused:

Whit Dickington
5th Apr 2005, 21:35
keep it on the ground for 3 days and lease in another a/c to operate another route
Don't think that is the plan. Company say they are going to operate to Riyadh 3 days a week. Better get that travel insurance checked out..................................

expelair
6th Apr 2005, 11:18
Don't think that is the plan. Company say they are going to operate to Riyadh 3 days a week.

Not till September apparently. Till then what? lots of shorthaul for thr LHR longhaul crew i think.