PDA

View Full Version : Problems at BAs sausage factory!

tree_greens
4th Apr 2005, 16:14
With the conveyor belt out of service (grounded senecas) at BAs sausage factory (Oxford Air Training) for some three weeks now, is there now a chance that BA will lower their entry requirements e.g. consider people from more schools or lower the hours?

There looks to be some big problems at OAT - a backlog of IR students and struggling numbers for the MCC courses - the price of the MCC has now been reduced by £500 - and who knows how long the senecas will be down for.

Could be a good thing for all those low houred guys looking for a job - less competition for the near future may be?

:ok:

adwjenk
4th Apr 2005, 17:31
Hey

Have a look at the other topics on the forum to do with OAT and the PA34s there doing the best they can to get the students through.
Also check out there web site.

Also why does everyone think a FTO is strugguling if they lower there prices!!!!

If they are then please correct me and let me know.

BA do go to other FTOs for new FOs such as Cabair and Jerez.
About lowering the hours, how much more can you lower the hours from 250!!!!!! Thats already pritty low

Best of luck to everyone out there on the job hunt, maybe this incident will open a few more doors into BA who knows!!

KLMInstructor
5th Apr 2005, 07:55
Well, BA have 25 or so from KLM Flight Academy in the selection process right now, are they still taking guys/gals from FTE in Jerez?

RVR800
5th Apr 2005, 10:17
As time progresses one wonders how long it will be before the great and the good reassess the validity of using ancient old technolgy to train airline pilots in Europe.....

JAA MPL ?

conor_mc
5th Apr 2005, 15:19
Also why does everyone think a FTO is strugguling if they lower there prices!!!!

I think it's fair to say that with fuel prices heading towards record highs, overheads can only be going one way. If the price is going the opposite way, it indicates a lack of demand. The reasons for the lack of demand, I can only speculate on - I'm not really in the loop on that one.

Re-Heat
6th Apr 2005, 22:21
Two words - elementary economics.

Look at some demand and supply curves.

mrs glum
6th Apr 2005, 22:34
Hey, get a grip ! pilots with thousands of hours experience dont pass the so called B A criteria . Why ?