PDA

View Full Version : AO Recruitment

Ascent
4th Apr 2005, 12:39
I'v just had a look at the AO site and they say they will be accepting applications in april.

just want to know if these positions are temp king gee positions or real perm. full time positions and how many positions are they looking at filling.

Cheers,

beachwave40
4th Apr 2005, 23:47
AO will start recruiting this week

RaverFlaver
5th Apr 2005, 07:17
Heya,

They will be full time permanent positions.

Not sure about numbers - but heard about 50. Don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong.

Good luck with your applications!

Theeya,
RaverFlaver :)

SkySista
5th Apr 2005, 07:56
Hey guys,

AO only have a base in CNS, right? Any plans for a PER base in the foreseeable future? :D

Ta.

Sky

PS - good luck all!

Paulsyd1
6th Apr 2005, 01:46
Still waiting for applications to open.... Cant wait...:D

menergy1961
6th Apr 2005, 05:04
How do you think I'd go commuting from MEL to CNS. I've had the option to move from MAM (casual QF) to AO before but have turned them down because I thought the commuting would be too hard, but didn't do a lot of research. Am thinking more seriously about moving across to AO this time around.

Cheers,
Jay :confused:

RaverFlaver
10th Apr 2005, 09:37
Re commuting,

I think you will find it too hard commuting from MEL.

Firstly, you still need to pay for the staff flights, not sure how much it is from MEL/CNS exactly, but there is that added cost.

Secondly, you need to be in CNS the night prior to duty, so you would have additional cost of somewhere to sleep the night prior.

Thirdly, I couldn't imagine commuting 4 hours or so from CNS/MEL after a trip, for example, the trip I just got back from this morning. DPS/SYD/CNS.

Fourthly, there are only 2 direct flights (correct me if I'm wrong) from MEL/CNS, all others go via BNE or SYD, making the trip home even longer!

There are people who do it, however I can't imagine it being much fun.

Hope this has given you an insight.

Cheers

Re our base,

You are right CNS is the only base.

Never heard a rumour of a PER base and don\'t think that would ever happen, considering we only fly PER/DPS and I think that is only a twice weekly flight.

So really no point having crew based there.

Theeya,

SkySista
10th Apr 2005, 13:13
Thanks Raver!

Wish they would hurry up and open for apps! I'm getting sick of seeing "we currently have no vacancies"... :)

Will apply... got nothing to lose, and a coupla mates in CNS!!! :ok:

Sky

OZcabincrew
14th Apr 2005, 17:08
Jay!!!

You turned AO down to stay with MAM!!! what were you thinking!!!! the commuting i guess could've got a bit hard! Like you already know, don't hold your breath for permanency with QF, i know i'm not, still trying to keep positive that something will happen this year though, but as usual there is no communication, so................who knows!

i was at a hotel today that the AO crew stay at and was walking through the foyer with my family when they were signing in and we couldn't believe how scruffy they looked! fair enough all of us look a little tired after a long duty, but i actually think it was the uniform that made them look like this. i know they are a casual, holiday airline, but to me personally i think the uniform looks a little too casual. That's just my opinion though.

Oz

QF skywalker
14th Apr 2005, 23:49
OZ - gee thanks for that. And yes it is the uniform that does it to AO crew. There are many glamours in AO but like any crew that flies long haul catching them at sign off time is not a good way to judge them ! Just remember that AO and QF crew sleep in those uniforms during crew rest so it is hard to keep it looking prefect. I just wish you were there to witness a sign on with everyone looking fabulous !

As a matter of fact we just received an email yesterday about our NEW uniform. ;) ;) It's in the planning stage !

So Lookout ! Good things are coming to those that have gone without wings and a tailored jacket for so long !

mid assist
17th Apr 2005, 09:45
QF skywalker

I'm with you on that post! I wonder what hotel it was! (Sydney maybe)

Make sure when the uniform is discussed, you get involved.

QF skywalker
18th Apr 2005, 03:13
Mid assist - when you say you agree with me...would you also say that you agree with the statement that 'I' look fabulous at sign on ????? ;) ;) :D :D

I've got about 5 fingers in the uniform pie mid assist !

SkySista
19th Apr 2005, 05:28
Okay, so it's now April 19th, and still not accepting vacancies.

Do they really only want to give us 11 days or less to submit applications?

Or did they mean April 2006? :E

Sky

leftoneprimary
19th Apr 2005, 08:46
I believe the state of our EBA negotiations may be holding up any recruitment. Sorry guys!

As for the uniform...watch this space....samples to be in CNS shortly!

missleadfoot
20th Apr 2005, 12:30
Skysista,

I really dont think that is the attitude any airline is looking for. Fine if you feel that way personally but I don't want to have to work with you in the future as you have just proved that you have little tollerance and this will be discovered on interview day. AO will begin recruitment when they want. Yes they have said April, but April does have 30 days so don't whinge that there is no offer yet. It may be May or June, hold on. This is the worst industry to secure a job, you may pass the interviews and told you have the job but then put on hold for up to 10 months as has happened with the last few training schools. If you want the job so badly you persist. I know it's frustrating but there are so many others out there who also want the job. Look at any other airline, it's the same situation. Virgin Blue are still contacting me after 3 years.

RollzRoyce
20th Apr 2005, 12:47
Chill pill please!

She is just anxious like many other people who are out there. No need to go off at her for being the way she is. It was just an innocent sarcastic comment!

Rollz :ok:

Ranjha83
20th Apr 2005, 12:49
Skysista just asked a question about recruiting, that has nothing to do with attitude:mad: :suspect: skysista doesn't want to work with you in the future anyway lol :} hehe
:ok: :E balle balle :p

jb_flyer
20th Apr 2005, 13:35
I know SkySista knows ALL about applications and interviews etc... and the inevitable "dont call us, we will call you" that a LOT of us are all familar with...

So how about a display of some humour on the board? I didnt interpret SkySista's message as a rant, and even if it were, isnt it good to let some steam off every now and then?

Competitivness is a trait worth having also, as well as an eagerness to work!

JB

SkySista
20th Apr 2005, 13:50
missleadfoot!

Whoa, please!!! :)

I was just making a joke at the fact we ALL know airlines are NOTORIOUS for keeping us all waiting..! :D

That's what the ':E' smiley is for! :p

Sorry if it came across that way, just trying to lighten things up a bit, and perhaps (as someone already mentioned) there is a reason for the delay. That's all! :)

GalleyHag
21st Apr 2005, 01:12
Just out of interest what is happening with your EBA? Lets also hear about the new uniform will we see a change of colour, scaves, ties etc on the AO crew?

missleadfoot
21st Apr 2005, 04:58
Hi guys,

My apologies to everyone, especially Skysista, I was out of line and I'm sorry. Believe me I do know how hard it is out there and I have been through the run around also. This forum isn't an interview process and it was wrong for me to judge someone on their annonymous feelings, again I'm sorry.

Hopefully recruitment will start this month, well thats what they say. I really think everything is on hold till the EBA is finalised which trust me everyone is a bit over. I was having a really bad day and my feelings got the better of me. Please, I wont do it again.

SkySista
21st Apr 2005, 05:04
No worries, Miss LF,

we've all been there, either posting on a bad day or while p*ssed! ;)

Hope you had a better one today

Sky (who can't deny she has put her foot in it more than once... err... quite a few times, actually.... :E )

RaverFlaver
21st Apr 2005, 05:30
Hey guys,

I'm dying to see this "new" uniform. My understanding though from what I have heard is that it is only small changes that are being made. I think they need to fully ditch the current designer and seek out some fresh ones......

E.g. the girls will have a shirt that tucks in and a belt. The jacket may be black, but same style.
I heard a rumour guys will have ties.......can't imagine that look though with the style of jacket we have even if it was changed to black.......

Just wished they would get the eba sorted so we can finally go ahead with recruitment, uniforms ect.

By the way all of the above is galley gossip, so don't hold me to any of it....lol as we all know what galley gossip is like......so all of the above is prolly totally incorrect.....

Have a rad day and L1P keep us posted with the arrival, you seem to be tuned in with the new uniform.