PDA

View Full Version : M1 Visa validity / SEVIS

lloverseed
4th Apr 2005, 09:36
Hi all,

I have an M1 visa which I used to do my Ground studies in the states last November. I now need to re-enter the states to convert my license to a JAA commercial and I am very unsure if I need to revlaidate my M1 visa in anyway.

On my M1 Visa it has an expiration date of 25th Oct 2009 and visa type class of R M1. There is a read stamp over the top right corner statting the date I was admiited in Nov last year.

Can I reuse this visa, or do I need to book an appointment again with the US embassey?

Looking at the embassey website the only bit of information I can find is this quote:-

"Do you have a valid F-1/M-1 visa? If you have a valid F-1 or M-1 visa you may continue to use it provided you are arrive in the United States before the expiration date shown on your visa and you will carry with you a valid I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student status from an educational institution."

My only problem is I am unsure if my visa is still valid or not? .

I am guessing all I need is a new I20 and this is good enough with me visa for entry? Do I need to lodge a SEVIS application again??

Has anyone been in the same situation as myself? Any information would be very greatfully recieved.

Is there a help line at the embassey which doesnt cost 1.50 pound a minute??

Thanking you in advance!

Ninety-Nines
5th Apr 2005, 00:32
You need need to contact the school for another I20 as the Embassy has kindly given you a long period on the sticker in your passport. All US Embassies are different where some issue for the time on the I20, some for a year and some for the same length as yourself.

You will just need to bring the new I20 and your passport with you through immigration.

lloverseed
5th Apr 2005, 12:34
Thankyou very much or that information Ninety-Nines! Looks like I have been lucky wth the length of my visa!

Can I ask do u know if I need to lodge a new SEVIS application? I read somewhere that u dont if u carry on with your provider within 5 months??

Birky
5th Apr 2005, 14:03
Some recent information re: visas?

http://www.nafinet.org/news/2005%20-%2003_28%20-%20TSA%20Clarifies%20Rules%20on%20Visa%20Permitted%20for%20A lien%20PilotsTraining.html

Cheers

Birky