PDA

View Full Version : Iceland Express to get JetX MD-82's?

asgeirs
4th Apr 2005, 00:25
It was reported in a newspaper article last month that Iceland Express, the Icelandic LCC, has plans to lease MD-82 jets from JetX (which is also registered in Iceland).

They have had 1-2 Astraeus 737-300's (G-STRB & G-STRE) on wetlease since they started up in February 2003 and the current contract will expire on May 1st, 2005.

The owners of Iceland Express bought Sterling last month and there are plans to integrate the two airlines in some way in the near future. Until those plans have been finalized, Iceland Express wants to lease JetX MD-82's for 10 months period to bridge the gap.

To my best knowledge, JetX has been operating two MD-82's (TF-JXA & TF-JXB). I am curious to know whether it will be those two who will be flying for Iceland Express or if they will add some more to the fleet.

Is there someone here in the forum who can provide more information on the matter?

suppie
4th Apr 2005, 13:15
iteressting as the TF-JXA is flying for JET2.COM for a couple of month:cool:

Oshkosh George
4th Apr 2005, 16:03
Think your info is dated as G-STRB is flying for Air Asia,and G-STRE is in Flybe service. I think these contracts with Iceland Express finished early when the Sterling deal was done,or even earlier in RB's case.

asgeirs
4th Apr 2005, 19:37
Think your info is dated as G-STRB is flying for Air Asia, and G-STRE is in Flybe service. I think these contracts with Iceland Express finished early when the Sterling deal was done, or even earlier in RB's case.
Iceland Express started up with only one 737-300 (G-STRB). Later they added G-STRE. Last fall they decided to cut capacity again for the winter and return the older one (G-STRB). Apparently there have been some changes since I last flew with them three months ago. I wonder what aircraft they are using now if they are using neither G-STRE or G-STRB. Hopefully not the shabby G-STRA. Anyway, I'm flying with them next saturday so I will probably find out then if not sooner.

Interesting as TF-JXA is flying for JET2.COM for a couple of months
Hmm, I guess that means that JetX will have to add at least one aircraft if this deal goes through (two if TF-JXB is also engaged in other assignments). Iceland Express will need two aircraft for the summer seasons (for flights to STN, CPH and HNN).

Oshkosh George
5th Apr 2005, 11:04
It won't be G-STRA,as that's also with Air Asia(unless there's been a late change!)