PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar

star84
4th Apr 2005, 00:00
Hi everyone!

I got an invitation to a jetstar recruitement day next week in Hobart, just wondering if anyone else on the board will be there?

I am pretty excited, I wouldnt have to move to the mainland if I got Jetstar, not to mention it being a dream come true!!

They havent advertised these positions anywhere I dont think, so maybe they have enough people on file from the cabincrew.staffcv.com website.

so if you are in Hobart, let me know!

Emma

resboy
4th Apr 2005, 14:09
hey star ... congrats to you and good luck :D check your pm's

Grove
4th Apr 2005, 14:34
Seriously...Do yourself a great big favour, pack your bags ,move to the mainland and get yourself a job with a decent airline.
Jetstar is a terrible place to work. Long days every day,disgusting filthy aircraft [they are only cleaned at night] smelly toilets with nappies and other undesirable items in the bins that are left there all day.[ they are only emptied at night also].Feril customers. Staff moral is as low as it can go.Cabin Crew management is all over the place.No compassion for the crew who have so much to contend with.It is a really cheap nasty product...Comparable to B GRADE PUBLIC TRANSPORT.
Sorry but this is how it is...Try for a M.A.M casual position with QF. Virgin Blue have recently been recruiting also. Good Luck but give Jetstar serious consideration...Its a shocker!!!

ditzyboy
4th Apr 2005, 22:34
Grove -
Poor thing... We are all a bit like that aren't we? I am over the dirty toilets and the DIY bin situation but I honestly think it will get better. It can't get any worse - but we do keep saying that, don't we?! I recently wrote an email to the Manager Inflight Services and he couldn't understand the 'strong' words I used to describe the toilets on the 717 fleet. Perhaps you could send him off some strong words about 'cleaning' out of SYD? Blind Freddy would know they are vile.

But look at the people you and I work with. I have a ball everyday at work. The people really do make it at this place. I do not think I would enjoy work as much anyplace else.

I think this next EBA will make or break it for many of us... If it goes as well as the managers who brag about the fact we will get nothing and give up days off and Live days then I for one will take pride in walking out like everyone else. The MASS exodus will be brilliant to watch. I would rather be unemployed than have our conditions get any worse.

It is saddening to see all the quality hard work we have put in over the years amount in this. The one thing we do have is ourselves. Don't let our inept management get the better of you. Just know you are better. I do.

Besides I find the level of contempt for management across all employee groups hilarious! Definately an odd way to run a company.

star84 -
Go for it, Darls. Good luck! You will never work for another airline where the inflight service takes around 5 minutes on average (though it does take 10 mins to set up and another to pack away!). Lets just say it's very social. ;)

blue_stew
4th Apr 2005, 22:56
After 2 years with DJ I often get frustrated to the point that I think of jumping ship, having read about Jetstar I guess the grass is just as brown on the otherside!

Paulsyd1
6th Apr 2005, 01:44
Congrats Emma..
Pls check your PM's
Best of luck to anyone attending.:D

SocialFlyer
13th Apr 2005, 09:33
Hi All,

I have been invited to a JetStar Cabin Crew "Recruitment Seminar" and seeking some assistance and advice from current staff and those who have attended before. Having read through this forum I know there are a great deal of negative comments toward the company, therefore I thought current staff could comment on if there have been any improvements. Here are some of the questions I had

What is the base salary for crew, and what would you expect to take home a fortnight.

Any information on the Recruitment Seminar, is it games etc

Has morale improved?

When does the new EBA come into effect or negotiations commence.

Any advice and comments would help. DITZ, if you are out there I'm sure you would have some great feedback...

Cheers

SocialFlyer

Paulsyd1
13th Apr 2005, 14:25
Well, Seminars over......
Wot's the goss????
:cool:

andyman_82
13th Apr 2005, 14:44
hey i also am invited to attend a seminar...wonder if we actualy participate or is it an infomation session?

would love some information from jq staff also
:)

lets fly jetstarrrrrrr

mez78
14th Apr 2005, 00:37
Hi andyman, I also received an invite to the Jetstar day and would love to hear anything at all anyone has to say about it.
I have read and heard quite alot of negative things about Jetstar so would love to hear some positives if anyone has any!

ditzyboy
14th Apr 2005, 07:07
Positives -
The inflight service takes around 5 minutes. It is SO simple and basic.
Customers generally do not want to talk or interact with crew - very self sufficient.
Have never spent so much time talking in the galley in the 4.5 years I have been flying.
Very little need or opportunity to use one's brain.
Job is MUCH easier than working in hospitality or customer service and the pay is better, given you only work around 30-35 hours a week on average. You can work much more but also much less.
Full QF staff travel and Career Progression (whatever that means...).
The chance to help contribute to QF Executives' bonuses, to the detriment of your working conditions, whilst they call Jetstar a 'separate entity' but include the profits anyway. That's my favourite point! :yuk:

I can't stress enough how EASY things are. The aircraft are vile to work on as they are never cleaned. And management are horrible. But I just think millions of people actually work hard and use their brain doing 10 hour days and feed a family of four on my income.

I hate Jetstar as much as the next person. But I am having a bloody marvellous time doing it!

I choose to interact with the customers and make that the focus of my day. I found in the QFLink (and before that - Impulse) days customers DEMANDED attention. And it was usually about their expectation not being met or problems with other QF departments. We don't get any of that now. It is much more relaxed and I have alot of control over how emotionally/mentally drained I am at the end of the day. If you went to work at 'The Star' and did exactly what you were paid to do and no more you would not use a single brain cell. That's a positive I think?! :confused:

If you want to be a flight attendant for the reasons of challenge or glamour then Jetstar is NOT for you. If you want to be a flight attendant because that's all you want to do then you will be able to put up with the cr@p and realise there are bigger, better, brighter things ahead. Somewhere :hmm:

Disclaimer - I am not a lazy flight attendant nor am I ever rude to customers or hide in the galley. Just trying to be humorous and convey how I choose to deal with life at 'The Star'. (I feel saying this is necessary as there is always some loser who doesn't know me who feels the need to pick apart someone's post and pass judgements. Sad but true!)

Iguanahead
14th Apr 2005, 09:00
Hi Social Flyer.

Jetstar crew are under this award and you will find the rates of pay and conditions etc here.

http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Search/View.ASP?docid=186855&query=(IMPULSE%20FLIGHT%20ATTENDANTS)&quickview=Y&attr=RV

As far as the good v bad goes everything that has been said is true. But I have to say apart from the cleaning of the aircraft all other issues are pretty generic in the flying industry. I've been with a couple of airlines now and the problems seem to be across the board. All I can say is that every job has it's bad days and if you can ignore the doom and gloom and get on with the job it can be what you want it to be.

I'm just new to JQ and I have to say I'm loving it. Yes the a/c can get dirty and yes the turn arounds are hectic but the pax are great, the crew are fantastic, and I get to do what I love to do every day and be paid for it. It is hard for those who came from a different product and have been forced in to these current working conditions. I feel for them as their only choice was to do it or leave, not much of a choice when you have a mortgage to pay. I believe the EBA comes up around July so I reckon all JQ crew should get involved and vote otherwise their opinions mean nothing.

The seminar day is good fun, just relax and be friendly. They have info about the job and the company and then it's some goup exercises where they watch how you get involved.

Good luck to everybody who applies, let us know how you all go.
:ok:

andyman_82
14th Apr 2005, 10:11
Guys do you get any overnights at all? Approx how much do you earn on a fortnightly basis after tax?

Can I ask why you say the management are bad and why its so rotten to work on jq aircraft? can the toilets or whatever really be that dirty?

ditzyboy
14th Apr 2005, 11:44
Management are totally ineffective and seem to enjoy the low morale which plagues the company. Their style of management is victimisation and intimidation. Contempt for management is very high. I have never witnessed such negativity and low morale in any job I have been in.

Certainly not a clever way to run a business but that is the way it is done at 'The Star'. I do not know a single crew member who has anything nice to say about management. There is zero faith in our leaders amongst the ranks. There is an almost total disregard to direction from management out on the line. (The above my opinion).

No overnights since November except for EPs and other training, which is scattered through the network. There may be some if and when Jetstar flys further afield but definately not enough to warrent working into your predicted salary. The aim is ZERO overnights.

My average fornightly take home pay for the last 6 months has been $1650. Just worked it out. A bit less than the QFLink days but enough to feed and cloth myself so can't complain.

star84
17th Apr 2005, 00:23
Hi everyone

The info day went well! Before we left we were told that some of us would get a call that afternoon for the second round of interviews the next day, and I got a call one hour after I got home! So I went to the third stage on Wednesday and am now waiting up to 2 weeks to see if I got through that ok.

They are looking for about 20 people for Hobart, and there were 30 people at the info day, so its looking good. Training will start around the 16th of May in Hobart.

Thanks for all your well wishes and advice.
I will keep you all informed!!

emma

resboy
17th Apr 2005, 07:35
congrats emma and good luck :ok: ... check you pm's :) ;)

andyman_82
18th Apr 2005, 00:02
has anyone receiveda confirmation that they are attending the seminar on friday??

i am still waiting...

Air Pingu
18th Apr 2005, 10:09
life on the "Star" isnt all doom/gloom and dread...

its a secure co. that will only ever be expanding at this point which tends to mean that change will always be constant... having QF as a parent co. is very comforting to know... just ask any ex-AN people who had to deal with a parent co. such as Air New Zealand :mad: :yuk:

JQ offers you full-time employment, staff travel (QF-style) and you can attend courses through the Qantas College.

the pax dont expect much but almost all of us are still friendly towards them tho... you either like people or you dont... being a flight attendant wont make you like people... but it helps if you already do... the job isnt rocket science (anywhere in the world) but all I can say is, " its what you make of it"... Not many guys on here ever talk about the lifestyle it affords you when you're actually not at work...ie. time off, early finishes, late sign-ons, grouped days off etc. etc.

i sometimes think that everyone who only speaks about how horrible it is to work for JQ should maybe do a month on the ground working in F & B in some hotel for half the money, being a 'dog's body' to all and sundry... or some call centre to see what the real world is all about.

I do agree that JQ is what a LCC is supposed to be: low cost/no frills. Yes, the planes do get dirty but the only option with a LCC is that we clean them ourselves! Who wants to have to clean more if you dont have to? The pax dont seem to complain about the crap on the floor from what I've seen....It isnt a glamour job at any rate but by a worldwide industry standard, the 'Good Old Days' are definitely gone! we all need to accept that in our own way and move on... the way the airlines have.

I can only say that JQ has some fantastic people out there online and there is definitely lots of fun happening out there... just no one ever wants to talk about it on here... bad stories always travel futher and have better mileage...

so, to those guys doing interviews at the moment with JQ, good luck and if you really want to be a flight attendant deep down, then you're bound to enjoy it! :ok:

SocialFlyer
18th Apr 2005, 11:50
Hey Andy Man

The e-mail states that they will notify us of times and confirm the interview on Wednesday 20th of April, hence just hang out till then. Good Luck with it...

Ditz, Inguanahead and AirPingu thanks for the detailed overview of the Star. It's always great to get different perspectives about a company. I guess we have to experience it ourselves to know...

Goodluck to everyone in Melbourne on Friday

Cheers

SocialFlyer

andyman_82
18th Apr 2005, 23:47
thanks i got so excited i must not of noticed that part! i have been checking my email everyday for that reply lol
doh!
:O

Grove
19th Apr 2005, 07:50
Ditz, you must be the exception to the rule... most cabin crew take home salary is around $1300 IF YOU ARE LUCKY. You must be working long live days and days off. I have heard Cabin Managers on a normal fortnight dont make anywhere near $1600.

Mr Seatback 2
19th Apr 2005, 09:08
Ditz did say that was the AVERAGE wage since starting with Jetstar. Remember that we had overnights repeatedly in SYD base up until the end of last year to cover shortages in MEL (5 day trips!)

Bearing in mind that most crew, including part timers, work all the hours they can (including live days, days off, etc) just to make ends meet. That is, of course, when you have Live days in your roster. Funny how some part timers can have 3, while some full timers are lucky to get 1!

Many things to sort out...hopefully, not before long!

Ditz did say that was the AVERAGE wage since starting with Jetstar. Remember that we had overnights repeatedly in SYD base up until the end of last year to cover shortages in MEL (5 day trips!)

Bearing in mind that most crew, including part timers, work all the hours they can (including live days, days off, etc) just to make ends meet. That is, of course, when you have Live days in your roster. Funny how some part timers can have 3, while some full timers are lucky to get 1 some months!

Air Pingu - whilst I agree with some of the things you\'ve mentioned, and I\'ve no idea how long you\'ve been with us, I feel it necessary to point out a few things:

1) Sure, like any shift work job the days off, etc. are great. That is, of course, when you can get more than 1 day between 5-6 days straight of work. Some months, I admit, are better than others.

6 on, 1 off, 5 on, etc. are hardly unusual, particularly in Syd base - and that\'s without even having a roster request to blame for that roster construction!

2) Our staff travel isn\'t what it used to be. Prior to Jetstar, we had the same full entitlements as other Qantas subsidiary employees.

Then, when Jetstar started, we lost them all (except for staff travel on Jetstar itself, where the staff fares are often MORE than the internet fares, and Qantas - who don\'t fly everywhere). This was for no good reason, other than "You\'re Jetstar now...count yourselves lucky".

After a short and threatened mutiny across the board, we got back MOST of our original entitlements, but not them all. We can\'t travel, for example, on Hawaiian Airlines, Alaskan Airlines, United Airlines, etc. in the same way we used to be able to. Yet we do the same job we used to, for less, whilst working more.

On the face of this, with original Impulse crew having lost potential overnight earnings, reduced staff travel, longer days and more sectors per month, you can\'t expect them to sit back and marvel how \'lucky\' they are everyday. True, some need a reality check, but these people are in the minority in any workplace!

Many things to sort out...hopefully, not before long!

OZcabincrew
19th Apr 2005, 15:35
Hi!!!

Was starting a trip today in Singapore and saw a couple of
Jetstar Asia aircraft out on the tarmac which was good to see!!!! Seemed a bit odd though seeing their livery over there, confused me for a second, but then again that's not hard!

Oz
:p

beagle81
21st Apr 2005, 04:22
hey...do we know for sure that the ground school starting on the 16th of may is definately in hobart?
and has anyone else heard if they have made it through to step 4?

easternboy
21st Apr 2005, 05:22
Gezz I always thought we earned nothing at Eastern but the majority of us earn more than $1300 per fortnight. However we only get 8 days off per month and are rostered up to 140 and worked to 152 with reserves and delays.

I always thought Jet* were earning heaps more than us, just goes to show the grass is not always greener.

resboy
21st Apr 2005, 11:31
hey beagle,

I have it on reasonable authority (this is a rumour network after all) that 16 May will be for HBA base ... there is quite a number of base transfers to be actioned out of HBA so they will need to top up numbers down there ... hope that helps ...

... and good luck to everyone attending in MEL tomorrow :D :ok:

OZcabincrew
21st Apr 2005, 15:50
Hi!!!

I wonder though what the average take home pay per fortnight is for full time National Jet crew? surely each F/A each month can't be getting close to $4000? If that was the case, everyone would be fighting to get in with National Jet and forgetting the rest! Not saying you're wrong, but it just seems a lot. Good on you if it's right!

Oz

stevemelb
23rd Apr 2005, 03:51
Any word on future recruitment in Perth of National Jet?

Would appreciate any info....

ditzyboy
23rd Apr 2005, 12:51
Mr. Seatback -
You are wrong, Mister! $1650 is my average take home pay FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. I'll be buggered if I am going to average all of my pays. Do I look like and accountant or something?!

That does include 8 overnights in November but that's where it ends. I guess it must be ALL that commission we are earning now! :rolleyes:

Grove -
I must admit I was quite surprised that my average was that much... I am just glad I was finally bothered to work it out. And I just did it again and got the same answer.

I average about two Live Days per month. And work maybe one Day Off per month on average. I just make sure that I am paid ALL my Meal Breaks and Dispensations where appropriate. MANY people do not bother and that may be half their problem. I am miltant in that regard.

I reckon that all these people who think that their average pay is $1300 need to learn to count. For sure we all get pays that low but you would have to have had alot of annual leave or sick leave for you AVERAGE pay to be that low.

Many people at JQ focus only on the negatives. Like I said I hate 'The Star' as much as the next person. Though I can be objective about the whole thing!

Steve -
Start a thread entitled 'NJS' and I am sure CaptHairDryer and others will oblige you with all the NJS information you need. :ok:

Grove
25th Apr 2005, 01:23
Like I said Ditz, you are working days off $250..2X Live days lets say addidtional $400...This is all on top of your 140hrs per month.
Overnights x8 in Nov...No longer around and will not return with the exception of training in Bne on the odd occasion.
I dont want to give any future Jetstar F/A,s the impression that their take home salary will be $1600 per fortnight...Because it just isnt going to happen. There may be times when you do earn additional money ..meal break forms,work days off etc but unless we get a substancial pay rise in this e.b.a[ yah right] I would be surprised if at this time next year your AVERAGE was that much.
Im sure you are aware that one of the most common complaints amongst Jetstsr crew at the moment ALONG WITH THE CLEANING ISSUES is how much our take home salary has dropped.

ditzyboy
26th Apr 2005, 01:18
Grove -
What is your average then?

I do not think that 8 overnights balanced over 13 pays will raise my average that much.

You are right we should not have not work days off etc in an attempt to maintain our salary. But you can't fight City Hall, hey?

Anyone thinking we will get more that 9% in this next EBA is dreaming. We will be lucky to get that. The ground staff just signed off on 3%, remember.

Oh and I just have to say that all these crew wanting more money SHOULD START ACTING LIKE THEY ARE WORTH MORE. I realise we are being treated like cr@p but the actions and attitudes of some of our colleagues toward each other and to customers is just pathetic. I am constantly embarrassed at just lazy, rude and unprofessional some of our colleagues have become.

You can blame the company for MANY (almost all!) of our woes. But lowering our own standards to meet those of Jetstar's is only doing ourselves an injustice in the long run. We are the only people in control our level of professionalism and our manner. If people want more money or better conditions they should start acting like they deserve it.

end of rant

Grove
27th Apr 2005, 12:57
Ditz, not doubting that you are earning $1600 per fortnight..Wish I was..Checked my pay slips they ranged from $1187-$1553..pref not to work my days off and have operated as acting Cabin Manager on several occasions.If I was on $1600 per fortnight without having to work my days off etc I would be much happier with my position at Jetstar than I am.
I find it hard to believe that if you think we make more of an effort at work it will increase our chances of a reasonable pay rise in the next E.B.A...They{Jetstar} have no regard for us at all. Make all the effort you like, it will not be noticed or rewarded.
Again the point of my posts is for new recruits...I want them to know what they are in for.They will not earn $1600+ per fortnight{take home}Wish they were.

ditzyboy
27th Apr 2005, 21:58
Grove -
I am confused as to why I have earned so much then... I have never operated as CM. My pays range from $1191 to $2101 after tax. I don't think I work hard or anything. Rostering is a joke though :-(

My comment re. people's work ethic still stands. It is nothing to do with "if we are good they will reward us." (Coz they wont, as you correctly state!) I just think that we are paid professionals and should conduct ourselves as such. A drop in pay SHOULD NEVER equal a drop in profesisonalism or work ethic. To think that way is pathetic - plain and simple. Just because management are seemingly a bunch of clowns and have no concept of how things actual happen out on the line does not mean we should act same.

May I reiterate that I HATE it at 'The Star'. However there is many people who work much harder than us in skilled professional who earn much less.

Grove if you have been around since the Impulse $25K glory days then you will know about being professional whilst earning peanuts. I am so proud of the stylish and professional way we conducted ourselves during that difficult period. Why should 'The Star' evoke a different response?

As for these people wanting to be FAs... Why shouldn't they start out at 'The Star'? Just as you and I started out at Impulse. You forget some people would give up vital organs to become a FA. I do not think it is right to discourage them from applying or accepting a position at Jetstar.

I am going to earn well over $50K this year. That isn't bad for a 24yo without a uni degree. My friend earned around $35K on his first couple of years out of MEDICINE. Lets face it - we ain't no doctors!

I am not defending the company/management. I just want to be paid fairly for the effort I put in. We need to enhance our conditions and change the way we are paid. Allowances etc need to be looked at. Dramatic pay rises are unreasonable in the extreme. Focussing solely on pay during EBA WILL lead to our demise. I will not sell myself out this EBA. Hopefully other people realise that $$ are not everything.

andyman_82
29th Apr 2005, 04:40
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

anyways..............anyone heard anything from jq if they have been invited to a panel or 1 on 1 interview after the group assessment?

andy
:cool:

buzzly
29th Apr 2005, 11:09
:D :cool: :ugh: :8 :rolleyes: not hing yet sitting waiting wishing.........fly me to the moon.........

resboy
4th May 2005, 10:13
Just though I would try to keep this thread towards the top for all us potential JQ'ers :p

Anyone gone all the way thru for the 16 May school for HBA?

And has anyone heard anything from the MEL seminar days :confused:

;)

star84
5th May 2005, 00:37
Hey everyone,

Just got the call yesterday that I am IN!! Training starts on the 16th still, but it also may be in Adelaide. Still dont know yet, but I am definately going wherever it is!

Im so happy to have gotten in, but I also hope that none of the people who got to the end with me got cut, they were all so nice!!

xx
star84

resboy
5th May 2005, 03:16
Big congrats to you star84!!! Good luck with it all. Is it HBA base? :ok:

I just got my email today stating I have progressed to interview stage (at a date to be determined) ... yay :p :p

star84
5th May 2005, 06:20
Thanks resboy! I hope you go well in the second interview. That was the most challenging part (dont want to make you nervous or anything though!) All the interviewers are really nice, so just try to stay relaxed and you will be ok.

I am taking a position in HBA, they asked me if I wanted MEL or HBA and I chose HBA because my family are here.

I think the worst bit in the process is the waiting! Luckily it was only a month from start to finish for us, but it sounds like the MEL recruitment is going to be a bit slower.

keep us up to date ok!!

Star84

resboy
5th May 2005, 06:59
Yeah, a little slower ... interesting to see that they asked if you wanted MEL ... thats a good sign that MEL could be in the offering ... we were told at our seminar day that recruitment was for all bases :S ... am hoping for MEL if all goes to plan ... we were also told June 30 school so now that your group is underway maybe things well get moving for us :p ...

congrats again star and let us know how it all goes :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

ditzyboy
6th May 2005, 03:06
Congratulations Star 84. I have know a few very nice people in HBA base. It's still a small-ish base so you should find it easy to settle in.

Well done and good luck!

Paulsyd1
7th May 2005, 13:46
Congrat's to all starting on the 16th....
Yea Hobart is a smallish base... but that's why it's the best fun!!
See you all soon:D

OZcabincrew
7th May 2005, 16:48
hey, is there anything happening with Jetstar in regards to an Adelaide base or something? i am already flying, but just curious as to if anything was happening? and when are you guys coming to Perth!

Oz

Thumbs up
8th May 2005, 23:38
G'day all,
I'm also new to Jetstar,however I occupy a front seat and have been around the Airline game a while.
Its a tough job sometimes being a Flight Attendent and often no more so than at Jetstar,but I'm really impressed at how you guys shape up each flight to do battle with the general public.
I think we have to work hard to support an Airline that clearly has an image problem and its the front line people that do the most (in my opinion) to change that image,in particular our Flight Attendents.
So as long as as an you can still smile and greet,treat every passanger as someone worth while (as opposed to dry reaching)then our image will change. Perhaps thats why they put you through such an exhaustive interview process.
Jetstar has a really bright future and I reckon we should tighten our seatbelts and hangon.Overnights will have to come probably to the point that we all get sick of them.
I'm not managment,just a sharp end boy,but am happy to work with all of you any time.
Congratulations to those of coming on board.
:ok: :ok: :ok:

QFboi_MEL
18th May 2005, 09:38
I have also recieved an email stating that i have been successful to the panel but haven't heard nething yet

friendly fokker
19th May 2005, 02:58
Hey guys, this is an interesting topic for one who is already employed with QF Short haul.
I am impressed especially with Ditzyboys attitude about professionalism. Well said. I do have one piece of advice for all of you wannabe Long Haul or Short haul F/As.
For all future EBAs you need to insist upon a transfer ability from "theSTAR" or AO to allow you to get into Long Haul/Short Haul.

Why shouldnt you be able to transfer in after a suitable period of time. If you dont have that ability then you will feel like you are being used and not appreciated by your employer. Who wants to feel like that all the time and what is a valid reason preventing a reasonable transfer process?

One positive is it will make you appreciate, and maybe not criticise those of my colleagues you hear whinge on here about their increasingly deteriorating conditions. Remember their conditions will one day hopefully be your conditions. No one is going to make the transfer happen by itself. If you want it then your voice needs to be heard, Its going to be up to you to make it happen.

uz32
19th May 2005, 04:18
The ability to transfer from Jetstar to S/H already exists.

friendly fokker
19th May 2005, 06:48
UZ32 - have any crew from jetstar actually transferred into Short haul yet?
What about the ability to transfer from jetstar to Longhaul - that ability doesnt exist, or from AO to Long haul or short haul or into Jetstar or from jetstar into AO - its called an equal non-discriminatory transfer process. Do those abilities exist UZ32?

Mr Seatback 2
19th May 2005, 07:21
8 Jetstar crew transferred into Short Haul last year, under the terms of Career Progression under our EBA.

Career Progression, however, is sporadic at best. QF doesn't like it because it creates more permanent crew (you would have noticed a particular drive for the past few years within QF NOT to recruit anyone other than on a casual or contract basis - cheaper that way)

I like your suggestions friendly fokker. If only, my friend. Unfortunately, it would mean Qantas having to recognise their employees as valued assets. And we couldn't have that, could we?

uz32
19th May 2005, 09:46
No, they don't exist and probably never will. Reason? Cost.

No reason to knock whats already in place. Not many other areas of Qantas have the ability.