PDA

View Full Version : BA0215 LHR to Boston

yorkshireman
3rd Apr 2005, 17:33
Anyone know whats going on with it, this site (http://www.cynicalnation.com/archives/2005_04.html#001005) says armed police boarded it and took off several passengers

BA are showing departure as delayed by 4 hours on their website.

sammypilot
4th Apr 2005, 09:16
Yorkshireman - Your information was at best third hand from a possibly dubious publication. Suggest you make your enquiries with Cynical as they appear to have left the story in midair - so to speak.

Lower Hangar
6th Apr 2005, 04:50
The date on the original blog looks suspiciously close to April 1st

Uncommon Sense
6th Apr 2005, 05:22
Doesn't do much for the credibility of bloggers as an alternative news source from MSM.

http://www.lgfwatch.********.com/

FlapsOne
6th Apr 2005, 06:28
blogs and bloggers !?!?!?!?!

What on earth is happening to the English language?

Can we have translations please?

Capt.KAOS
6th Apr 2005, 08:07
F1:

On a Web site, a blog, a short form for weblog, is a personal journal that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site and its purpose. Topics sometimes include brief philosophical musings, commentary on Internet and other social issues, and links to other sites the author favors. The essential characteristics of the blog are its journal form, typically a new entry each day, and its informal style.

The author of a blog is often referred to as a blogger. People who post new journal entries to their blog may often say they blogged today, they blogged it to their site, or that they still have to blog.

Lower Hangar
6th Apr 2005, 08:31
This is getting way of topic but the bloggers see themselves as 'New Media'. Old Media is BBC, ITV, ABC,CBS, CNN news outlets, Broadsheets and tabloids etc etc . Old media is shackled by the libel law, owners preferences (e.g Murdoch press) and a myriad of other issues (including journalistic competency) and hence the reader/listener never gets the whole story. New media is free and unshackled and is consistently being updated/modified by comments from readers via forums ( like PPrune) or comments sections on blog sites. So there you have it.

Uncommon Sense
6th Apr 2005, 13:42
MSM= Mainstream Media (i.e. a corporation with a vested interest in how the story is spun - if you are a cycnic [like me])

Jerricho
6th Apr 2005, 17:48
(As this will probably end up in Jet Blast........but it is a good discussion subject)

You've made an interesting comparison there Lower Hangar between "Old" and "New" media regarding constraints, agendas and the "full story".

Some of the blogs I have read are really just individuls with adgends of their own, trying to pass off themselves as experts in the field. The use of the "Hey I was an eyewitness. I saw what happened" is often a shaky place to begin collating facts. Take 10 people who witnessed a crime.........how many of them will describe the same thing they "saw" in a statement? Bloggers also have a nasty habit of quoting other blogs to substanciate what they are claiming/talking about. Unfortunately, IMHO they hold about as much creedence as anybody talking about Chemtrials.

I'm not saying they're a bad thing..........

Onan the Clumsy
6th Apr 2005, 19:12
People who post new journal entries to their blog may often say they blogged today, they blogged it to their site, or that they still have to blog.
Blogo
Blogas
Blogat
Blogamis
Blogatis
Blogant

Blogabo
Blogabis
Blogabit
Blogabimus
Blogabittus
Blogabint

etc etc

Grandpa
6th Apr 2005, 19:51
Blogare humanum est, daunlaudare diabolicum!

Amen...........

Jerricho
6th Apr 2005, 21:44
What a load of blog.

Pilgrim101
7th Apr 2005, 06:15
Grandpa

Navigatrum octetus minimus, pellere cursus publicus electronicus - occidere threadus pprunus Bushus !!;)

Ontariotech
7th Apr 2005, 11:12
Stick this in your blog and smoke it. :ok:

Grandpa
7th Apr 2005, 21:18
Microsoft dementat prius!

yorkshireman
18th Apr 2005, 15:47
Some follow up if anyone's interested.

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/columns/column.aspx?aid=836