PDA

View Full Version : studying for FAA CPL

TheFlyingSquirrel
3rd Apr 2005, 16:15
Yo - yep, another damn JAA/FAA Question - I have a JAA CPL(H) and wish to study for the FAA CPL - I have the ASA commercial pilot 2005 test prep book fresh in. Should this one publication be enough to get through the FAA examinations or is there anything else I simply just shouldn't be without? Thanks.

flyndad
3rd Apr 2005, 16:48
The Gleim book has all the actual questions and answers.

johnnypick
4th Apr 2005, 13:43
The ASA book also has the actual questions and answers, just in a different format.

Julian
4th Apr 2005, 14:55
Any of the ASA/Gleim books will give you the questions and answers they also produce a CD Rom that is presented in the same format as the tests so you can give yourself mock ones at home. They are basically just like a huge book of 'feedback' questions from JAA land.

If you want more indepth info then you can buy the relevant FAA publications which can be VERY dry reading but good info in there. Jeppesen also produce a couple of books (but a but pricy!!!) which present the same information but a bit more pallitable than the FAA version i.e. nice colour pictures, clearly explained, etc, etc. I think Transair did used to sell them but doesnt look like they do any more.

http://www.transair.co.uk/Category.asp?SID=1&Category_ID=497

Also good idea to buy the oral exam prep guides if you can get hold of them, A5 booklet that contains some of the favourite questions and model answers.

Its a good idea to make sure you do understand and dont just learn parrot fashion as dont forget before you get in the air on check ride day you are going to be grilled at an oral exam by the examiner and he has the right the cancel the flight if doesnt think you are upto scratch on your knowledge!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Julian.

Left Wing
15th Apr 2005, 04:31
ASA/Gliem will do the job. As you have already passed JAA, it will be a cake walk for you.