PDA

View Full Version : Air Newzeland Lhr - Help!!

smellycat
3rd Apr 2005, 15:54
Help!

I am wanting to apply to Air New Zeland. I have heard many things about the wages as a junior cabin crew. I've heard loads of figures like £24,000 a year salary etc!!?

Can someone please, please, please give me a real answer in terms of monthly TAKE HOME pay? and then how much you get in allowancs etc. I just want to know if I can fford to move to them should I get the job!

Cheers guys & Gals!

xx:O

koru_kid
5th Apr 2005, 02:57
Learning how to spell "Air New Zealand" correctly may improve your chances :mad:

wan2fly
6th Apr 2005, 18:41
Stop been a total ASS - it was prob a slip of the finger on the keyboard for christ sake !!!!! - unless you never make mistakes and you are an A* student with typing qualifications as well as been CC. - OR have you like most of NZ based crew with Air NZ, got a chip on your shoulder so big that your local chippy couldnt come up with the vinegar ?????? ( you may not get the joke ;) ) .

I now await the on slaught from all you Kiwis !!!!! lol ....

Smelly Cat - I doubt that the salaries are that much unless a senior position but i guess they wont be the worst in the industry. Altho apparantly Air NZ are not recruiting in the UK until later in the year......

Good luck tho :ok:

wan2fly
6th Apr 2005, 22:49
As I have said in aboce post they are NOT recruiting until later in year.

You can download app form and then post off with Full Length photo

koru_kid
7th Apr 2005, 02:08
Goodness, whatever did I and Air NZ do to you to deserve such an onslaught, wan2fly? Who did you say had the chip on their shoulder again?

I was simply pointing out that someone who spells the name of the airline wrong twice in a 3 line post is unlikely to impress said airline's HR department if they make the same mistake in their CV..

funbus_flighty
7th Apr 2005, 06:12
Air New Zealand are very short of crew at LHR. They are even offering the odd person from AKL the opportunity to go up there, this is something that they haven't done for a long time and not too sure on the circumstances around it.

As far as pay goes I wouldn't be able to say but it will be discussed at an assessment day should you choose to go. I have heard from crew of various airlines in the UK that NZ do have the some of the highest payed crew working under very good conditions. One of the only downsides I can see to a job up there is the variety of flying, or lack there of (I guess it could have its upsides too).

You can expect to get around 3 or 4 LAX trips p/month not sure on allowances but it is more than the AKL crew get.

I would go ahead and apply and see what happens.

So a brief summary of above would be...I can't answer any of your questions so why on earth did I bother?!?!?!?

good luck :ok:

....oh and koru_kid, smellycat was just trying to spell New Zealand it like a real kiwi says it. Leave smelly alone.

Cheers

Funbus
An Aussie working for Air New Zealand.....does that mean I get abused by nobody or everybody???

koru_kid
7th Apr 2005, 09:19
:p Funbus!

Typical roster - 4-5 LHR-LAX-LHR a month. Typical duty hours - ~110
Typical flying hours - ~95

Some murmerings from the ranks there about strict (read harsh) management - crew not allowed to sit down at all unless on crew rest, for example.

Seem to remember base pay GBP12k, could be completely wrong.

funbus_flighty
7th Apr 2005, 10:35
Yeh that sounds about right Koru.

24k does sound pretty excessive for a UK base when some airlines there are only paying 8-10k.

The crew up there that I know do work hard and do love their job and could give some of us AKL's a bit of a shake up from what I hear. I Always hear great feedback from pax about the LHR-LAX and LAX-LHR sectors. What a shame to hear that they may be pushed even harder. When that happens standards slip.

Thanks for the info Koru :p

koru_kid
7th Apr 2005, 12:52
For those interested, here's an actual roster for this month for a LHR based flight attendant.

11APR NZ2 LAX-LHR
12-13APR Off
14APR NZ1 LHR-LAX
15APR Layover
16-17APR NZ2 LAX-LHR
18-21APR OFF
22APR NZ1 LHR-LAX
23APR Layover
24-25APR NZ2 LAX-LHR
26-28APR Off
29APR NZ1 LHR-LAX
30APR Layover
01-02MAY NZ2 LAX-LHR
03-04MAY Off
05MAY NZ1 LHR-LAX
06MAY Layover
07-08MAY NZ2 LAX-LHR

Flying Hours: 96.40
Duty Hours: 111.50

330-Purser
7th Apr 2005, 16:03
Blimey, I thought my roster was boring but that really is BAD!

Lovely airline and all that, but I don't know how anyone could stand LA that often!

hehe!!

FormerFlyer
7th Apr 2005, 21:51
Am defo gonna apply....again!

Got refused a couple of years back due lack of vacancies, so will give it another shot.

I got rellies out there, so always have something else to do as well.

Now just have to find that bloomin' link in the NZ site for the LHR crew base.

cheers ;)
FF

TheTwin
21st Apr 2005, 20:49
They werent very professional when I applied to work for them, having said that it WAS a while back. They didnt seem to know their ass from their elbow, promises promises and then nothing. The flying programme must work out to be extremely tedious, not to mention exhausting. I know this sounds a bit 'off', but I think its pretty much the last stop shop for people wanting to fly.

wan2fly
22nd Apr 2005, 11:16
I applied a couple of weeks back and I received an email within 3 days advising that the Base is now full and they will contact me again in July re next recruitment drive - So Ill hang on I think...

The only thing they did do !! Is copy all the applicants received that day on to one email so now I have approx 15 email addresses from wanna be Air NZ crew lol lol.

I was impressed with the speed they replied and I have only ever heard of good reports from them.

Altho - Whats the promotion prospects like been based in UK ?

Cheers.