PDA

View Full Version : Naturelink's Embraer 120

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Apr 2005, 10:35
Ahoy there all, I was wondering if anyone could inform me on what is needed to get onto the E120's that Naturelink is operating out of Jordan??

cavortingcheetah
3rd Apr 2005, 11:33
:) Probably a check out by me!
I must one of the very, very few ZA Gds 11 with an Emb 120 on their Instructor Rating. My licence has lapsed but I wouldn't mind unlapsing it. Let me know if I can be of some serious use. There's one for the logbook. Toodle Pip. Can't remembre how to start the thing though.;)

Herc130
3rd Apr 2005, 15:54
The 120's in the Middle East are operated on UN contract, my understanding is 4000hrs TT, 1000 ME, 500 Tubine, 200 on type + (obviously) ATP for command. 2000 TT, 500 ME, 200 Turbine for CO Joe. That I believe is the UN rec's.

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Apr 2005, 16:13
Ok, thanks Herc, are you sure they on UN contract and not Airserv, I heard they were being flown by 2000 hour guys who just got atp's.

Shrike200
3rd Apr 2005, 17:45
There are 'requirements', and then 'requirements'! You know how it is - the paper numbers are there, suddenly the company can't find people who fit them, and they manage to wiggle around it. A classic example would be that NAC-comm-pilot-on-the-1900 story. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jacobest
3rd Apr 2005, 20:34
Ahoy there all, I was wondering if anyone could inform me on what is needed to get onto the E120's that Naturelink is operating out of Jordan??

Ok, thanks Herc, are you sure they on UN contract and not Airserv, I heard they were being flown by 2000 hour guys who just got atp's.

Are you here to get info, fish or argue about what is needed???!?

contraxdog
4th Apr 2005, 01:27
Its a WFP/PAM contract, that was won by Airserv, who is served, in turn by Stickerlink, because Airserve didnt have the equipment but got the contract. I could have heard wrong though.....
If its a UN contract, You need at least 500hrs on type with all the relavant licences for P1, and 100hrs on type for P2, unless you can get exemtion from the UN....some get others never.

I.R.PIRATE
4th Apr 2005, 06:25
Purely Info thanks Jacobest, you can unsaddle your little horse now. I just heard conflicting stories, and i'm trying to find the TRUTH the WHOLE TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH....so help me GOD.

Brindabella
4th Apr 2005, 09:50
Contrax....

Air Serv Iraq program is being funded by Ecco (France) and USAID (USA). The contract is not 'won' as there is no contract. You fit well on this 'rumour' network, although of little help it seems. If you want to help the readers then I suggest you read the Air Serv web site and see exactly what it is that they do.

I just read that over ....sounds a bit harsh on ya! but do you ever have days where the pages of ****e written here just bug you???

have a good one all

Brinda;)

Jacobest
4th Apr 2005, 16:58
Dont worry mate. It is funny how things look completely different at three in the morning, especially if you are deprived of sleep by your month old SON!
So, I might still even publish more rubbish soon!
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: