PDA

View Full Version : EK do it again: waiver to a waiver

Plank Cap
3rd Apr 2005, 10:34
Am I the only one totally unimpressed by EK's continued extension to the eight day SIN-BNE-AKL pattern? The relevant FCI has just been re-extended again permitting yet another abuse of the one off in eight rule. I get fatigued just thinking about it, let alone actually operating it.
Is there any chance of the Fatigue Monitoring Group and/or the GCAA ever waking up to the fact that some of us find these patterns excessively tiring? How on earth can TCAS continue to sign these off, and still sleep at night.....?

Backwater
3rd Apr 2005, 10:47
Plank Cap. I suggest that you file ASRs if you feel that your performance is compromised by cumulative fatigue.
Rgds

scanscanscan
3rd Apr 2005, 13:19
Plank Cap....You could also put your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye.
Probably do as much good as an ASR.

mini cooper
3rd Apr 2005, 14:07
Did the DXB-SIN-BNE-AUK-BNE-SIN-DXB the other day. On the way out before we departed BNE to AUK I would say that half the crew only managed 3 hours sleep before doing the AUK sector. Its a known problem, but Emirates just hides it head in the sand and pretends its OK.
I would like to see some of the 'Fleet Mangement' or senior locals do the trip - then we would see if the rules stayed the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Won't be holding my breathe waiting though!!!!

Bye for now

:= :{ :{

Shake
3rd Apr 2005, 14:23
AND even on full flights we are not 'supposed' to allow the crew to use the flight deck for rest! (there are still some crews enforcing this piece of FOM BS)...

Waivers, factoring you name it, they'll use anything they can to cover the short-fall in crews. TCAS knows full well that this would never be allowed in BA...still he does as he is told and signs the papers put in front of him.

One a/c a month for 7 years? Pilots turning down interviews and job offers...doesn't look good.

Backwater
3rd Apr 2005, 16:55
sss. I disagree. The ASRs are being taken seriously by the GCAA. They are the reason that the company is "in discussion" with the GCAA over the issue of the illegal factorising for augmented flights. We should emulate the individuals who've had the courage to file ASRs when they feel safety has been compromised by poor rostering practises. A justified ASR sure beats a justified rant on this forum...

Eliason
3rd Apr 2005, 17:36
Hmm - let me think.. back then there was the choice...

You feel the 8 day pattern tiring - ok.

The choice then was as far as I can remember it - take it or make the AKL / CHC trip a turnaround... and do it all in 7 days...

No nice choice as both are just as bad... but hey - they offered the choice... even handed out some surveys about the fatigue on these flights for a while... :zzz:

But thats long past... they'll remove the waiver and think of something else when they need that waiver for something even worse... :{

Keep your heads up and out of the sand - the sun might be shining after all ;)

Eli