PDA

View Full Version : Flight Instructor

teto
3rd Apr 2005, 09:08
Hello there,
please does anyone know a school which gives the possibility to the best students who do the Instructor Rating to get a job afterwards (also without being paid)?

Thanx very much

flyndad
3rd Apr 2005, 16:46
Why would you seek a place of employment that does not pay? Lets all work for free, it would be great for the Industry.

Obs cop
3rd Apr 2005, 18:37
If you investigate some of the schools in the states I'm sure a few operate a scheme where you work for them as an FI for lower total course costs for CPL/IR and Multi time. However the FI work is often not permanant or well paid.

Regards
Obs cop

Down 'n' Hanging
4th Apr 2005, 18:50
Hi Teto

Have to agree with flyndad. Why sell yourself short??? I would be wanting to start getting some income from flying at the stage of being employable. :(

Check out the schools in the UK that offer the FIC. You may get a few hours post course Trial Lesson work just to consolidate your new rating.

Re. employement, you will find that if the school at which you undertake your FIC is looking for instructors, then there is a good chance that they will look at those trained in house first. They would be a known entity. Makes sense to do so.

I refer you to Flightpass at Exeter. A friend of mine did his FIC there 18 months ago, and subsequently both his night and removal of applied instrument flying instruction. Other schools I know of include Aeros at Gloucester and Old Sarum near Salisbury.

Good luck hope this helps :ok:

D 'n' H