PDA

View Full Version : DJ out of KGI

omalley
3rd Apr 2005, 06:47
So what happened here?

Out before the first flight has flown!

Oh don't tell me this is another QF town!

No worries mate
3rd Apr 2005, 07:49
Like I said in the Pac Blue thread, DJ will be pulling out of the low yield / regional markets. Patrick's only wants them to fly between the major centres. The regional centres will be the domain of Skywest, Rex, Alliance and other smaller regionals who will now allign themselves with DJ.

KGI is the first of many, BNA will go, followed by CFS and my guess is they will pull out of HVB before they start. The regional centres want cheap airfares, but they also want a DEP and ARR that suit them not the airline. Just like the businessman in city, the businessman in the country wants a morning and evening flight, they don't want miday flights. Frequency will beat capacity all the time.

So in their 5 years of flying DJ have pulled out of Brisbane to Mount Isa, Sydney to Canberra, Sydney to Alice and Perth to Kalgoorlie. Remember their plans back in 1999/2000 to fly to every town with a population of 100000 or more, well it’s not going to happen. They now have someone at the helm who knows were they the money is and flying 140+ seat jets to regional centres is not a money maker.

Capn Bloggs
3rd Apr 2005, 14:31
Omalley,

Oh don't tell me this is another QF town!

What's yer problem? After being ripped off for years by AN, QF drove prices down AND introduced business class. Even had a KGI-ADL going for a while until the big boys got jealous and decided to steal the traffic stats for themselves...

No worries mate,

This is a commercial operation, you know. If there's no money to be made, get the hell out of there (or don't go there in the first place...).

apacau
3rd Apr 2005, 22:22
They have also quietly dropped PER-OOL. Anyone know when this happened?

Capt Claret
4th Apr 2005, 04:25
In the beginning didn't either Godfrey or Branson say that VB believed any city with >50,000 population would be in their sights?

The Baron
4th Apr 2005, 22:54
Yes they did say that Clarrie you old legend,
they just haven't got the right aircraft to do the job...yet.:E

Capt Claret
5th Apr 2005, 00:25
So which JJ Baron and when do you start?