PDA

View Full Version : Chevron Texaco in Angola

fling-wing_1
3rd Apr 2005, 04:27
I'm looking at an opportunity in Angola with Chevron Texaco. Anyone have any experience in Angola or with Chevron Texaco that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks

ColeFace
5th Apr 2005, 19:40
Maybe I can help as I work in Angola.

PM me wit your questions.

I sent you a PM but I don't know if it sent, did you receive it?

james ozzie
5th Apr 2005, 20:28
Suggest you visit Angola/Loo-loos before committing to work there.

I had occasion to make few shortish visits about 2 years ago & I found I really had to make some adjustments to my mindset - acceptance of such a run down place, unreliable water, sewage & electricity, mind numbing bureaucracy & inefficiency, traffic chaos & deadly roads, incredibly high cost of residential accommodation etc etc.

I know it is easy to whine about conditions in Africa but ones own attitude is a very important factor. I accept that with all my whining, there are plenty of "first world" people in Angola who are coping just fine because they had a better attitude than mine. I also accept that if you are working for the US based oil companies you may be sheilded from the frustrations of daily life in Angola.

The happeist place that I have seen on the planet earth? The International departures lounge at LooLoos airport!

Good luck with your plans

Islander Jock
6th Apr 2005, 06:43
The happeist place that I have seen on the planet earth? The International departures lounge at LooLoos airport!:ok:
Especially when Springbok 054 arrived to get you the hell out of there eh James?

Ah yes Luanda International - incompetence, corruption and beauracracy all rolled into one package.

ColeFace
16th Apr 2005, 02:44
Does anyone have any information on Chevron/Texaco and the Dash-8 operation they have planned?

Have the Dash-8s been ordered?

Local crews or expats? Will Sonair agree to this?

Anyone???

international hog driver
16th Apr 2005, 15:51
Dash's have been ordered;)

Jet Management are sorting out the crewing, was told that they were looking for 4 Captains with heaps of time on type.
Contracts were for an undetermined time, but probably the same as the ex-Zimex guys.

Can see that they will train their own replacements as per DHC6 & B1900 guys, eventually the F27 & F50's will be fased out infavor of an all Dash8 fleet.

Have fun.....:E :E

Dont say you weren't warned...:{

cpt
16th Apr 2005, 18:39
Hi Gunship,
I have left Angola since december last....some like it, some others not at all....lot of hasle from administration, lot of trafic jams in LAD, a bit dirty everywhere but our flying fellows are rather nice.
Here, in Abidjan, I have met S.African pilots who also have spent some time in Angola , generally speaking they rather pefer Ivory Coast to Angola...
I just can wish a better future to angolan people who already paid more of its share of pain and sorrow.

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Apr 2005, 07:59
Hog Driver

Any contact details available for the company seeking crew for the -8s in Angolsch?

Many thanks in advance.:ok: