PDA

View Full Version : ufo,s(do,s and don,ts)

zorx
2nd Apr 2005, 19:35
We had a close encounter with a UFO and we figured it best we kept our traps shut about it.We are definetly not alone so I thought we could discuss why we might get dismissed if we started talking about little green men.Any feedback would be much appreciated.:eek: :ooh:

Jerricho
2nd Apr 2005, 19:36
Do check for an anal probe????

(like what happened in that South Park episode)

Bern Oulli
2nd Apr 2005, 19:56
Did you actually see any little green men? If not, don't talk about them. Simple.

Ozzy
2nd Apr 2005, 21:13
1st, 2nd, or 3rd kind of close encounter?

sprocket
2nd Apr 2005, 21:18
Dont admit to being 'The Leader' ;)

tony draper
2nd Apr 2005, 21:54
You Earthmen never learn do yer, there's no such thing as a UFO.
:cool:

Caslance
2nd Apr 2005, 22:06
Ha! That's what you want us to believe....

Draper as one of the Illuminati - now there's a genuinely scary thought. :ok:

Rainboe
2nd Apr 2005, 22:27
Don't ntroduce them to your wife. They've been on them ships a long time (about 10,000 years) and she might enjoy it. And watch their fingers, they've got lights in them.

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Apr 2005, 22:30
Don't go near the ships if you're allergic to cats or butter.

Jerricho
2nd Apr 2005, 22:42
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/14/mars.pop/story.mars.attacks.jpg

Take that SRT. Ack-ack-nuck-ack

(I love that movie)

ExSimGuy
2nd Apr 2005, 23:32
Okay - I can come out into the open now

30-odd years ago, flying a Harrier at Mach 0.99 in a shallow dive (Janes - yes, I know you say that was not possible with the Peggy 6 engines) and a huge disc-shaped object with a bright pink glow appeared in front of me on the approach.

5 minutes later, after getting the straps off and shutting down, I belted the bright spark who put the bed-side lamp on the simulator model:}

sims fly virtually, but Martin Baker is the ONLY way to fly :)

HowlingWind
2nd Apr 2005, 23:40
Nonsense. You did NOT see a UFO. In fact, you don't remember anything about that, do you? :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/howlingwind/tommy_lee_jones5.jpg

That's better. We didn't think so...

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Apr 2005, 07:26
Jerricho

"It's been lonesome in the saddle since the horse died......" *tinkle, twonkle, twang, other whiney slide guitar stuff*

Eat hot Shania Twain, alien scum.....

*On second thoughts....* :E

Bern Oulli
3rd Apr 2005, 07:49
Glad to see that this thread is being treated seriously then!

Irish Steve
3rd Apr 2005, 18:46
5 minutes later, after getting the straps off and shutting down, I belted the bright spark who put the bed-side lamp on the simulator model

Story does the rounds that in the early days of the Concorde Sim, which originally only had a LHR moving band visual, so very limited, an "enterprising" sim engineer added a bit of local flavour in the shape of a plastic frog sitting on the edge of one of the reservoirs. Snag was that in the visual, seen through the camera, it then looked massive, to the extent that the chief test pilot experienced a severe sense of humour failure over the presence of said object. Supposedly, there were severe repercussions for a number of people.

Jerricho
3rd Apr 2005, 19:06
UFO - Unidentified Frog Object?

Wedge
3rd Apr 2005, 20:49
This is presumably a wind-up, given the limited information about said incident and the poster.

However, if you want to read about a real pilot sighting ufo case, google 'manchester ufo pilot'. You will get lots of hits on the January 1995 Pennines incident, and the subsequent CAA airmiss report.

So how do the sceptics explain this one? :uhoh: :oh: :ooh:

Gainesy
4th Apr 2005, 11:38
Have a peek at the "sightings data base at www.uform.org

Here is on of the barking ones:

Date: 12/12/2002
Time: 06:00 (Entered as: 12/12 2002 06:00)
Submitted: 2/9/2003 2:54:50 AM 02:54
Posted: 18/05/2003
Type: Disk
Duration: 26 minutes
Source: NUFORC

One disk, with bright lights over my house

I got up at around six in the morning and sore 1 bright light coming towards me. It hovered over my house for at least 5minutes and then went off twice as fast as when it came. When I went back into my house nothing would work and my fridge was missing. Also my car won't work. So I took it to a garage place to get it fixed and they all laughed at me because the motor was not there! Since then there have been 4 other sightings near my area.

:hmm:

Windy Militant
4th Apr 2005, 12:45
Don't Go outside to see what the bright lights are.
Do Run like hell away from any bright lights.
Don't go snogging your girlfriend in your car if there's reported UFO activity in your area (especially if you're a teenager and doubly so if it's someone else's girlfriend!).
Do Drive away at top speed if said girlfriend hears something suspicious.
Don't try to report any strange occurance you may have seen they'll just call you a nuts/drunk/a liar.
Don't go near any strange plants.
Do Make friends with your local crackpot scientist.
Do have access to firearms/fire extinguishers/ Don williams yodeling LPs.
Don't wear a tinfoil hat it merely acts as a ground plane, thereby strengthening the signal.
Do ensure that your girlfriend wears a tight angora sweater.
Don't Trust anyone especially those in authority.
And most of all learn how to field strip an interositer blindfolded in under thirty seconds, and keep watching the skies.

:ooh: :uhoh: :\ :ouch: :ok: