PDA

View Full Version : New Titan livery

Oshkosh George
2nd Apr 2005, 09:34
I still like the old one,but this is nice too. So much more adventurous than BA!

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=1831

bacardi walla
2nd Apr 2005, 09:38
What is it with Titan and pizzas (or is that the sun ?)

Oshkosh George
2nd Apr 2005, 09:41
It's the moon this time. Not sure what it was before!

BOAC
2nd Apr 2005, 10:12
Could it, perchance, be Titan............................?

Oshkosh George
2nd Apr 2005, 10:41
Are you saying Titan is a planet,or what?

OK,just did a Google search,and discovered that Titan is a MOON,not a planet,which circles the planet Saturn!

And who said PPRuNe wasn't educational!

So Bacardi,you now know what the pizza is all about,and so do I ,thanks to BOAC,Cheers!

Pontious
2nd Apr 2005, 10:58
Cool livery for a cool company! Wonder what it would look like on the Sheds if they'd kept them!

:ok:

BOH
2nd Apr 2005, 11:15
Got to Love all the Titan Livery :)

I also love the Livery on G-ZAPR, I think it was a one off PR job!I cant find another aircraft in the same Livery.

http://www.smiliner.com/news/current.shtml

A photo is at the bottom of the page.

BOH

PAXboy
2nd Apr 2005, 11:30
Yikes! That must have cost a bomb to design and apply. Always good to know that a company is making so much money that it can pi$$ paint all over the place. If I was working for them, I would want to be sure that staff salaries had been taken care of first. It is my understanding that pax don't give a monkey's how the a/c is decorated.

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Fly_146
2nd Apr 2005, 12:30
What the...? Out of all four (4!) liveries, I think the original still fits best. This one looks so cheap! The only time an aircraft should be painted black is to hide the oil and muck :yuk:

hasta lueGO
2nd Apr 2005, 13:00
This is the 2nd livery that G-ZAPW has had in only 4 weeks that Titan has had the aircraft. It is ex-easyJet and after Titan took it over it had this strange livery - not sure what this is all about:

G-ZAPW (http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00296241)

The new livery is far more striking than Titan's previous livery (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/794165/M/ )

Oshkosh George
2nd Apr 2005, 13:44
Well,as far as I'm concerned ,the jury's still out on a choice between the original,and the latest.

PAXboy
2nd Apr 2005, 19:15
These folk are obsessed with paying too much money for fancy paint jobs. It's a limited company so they can spend their money any way they like. Personnally, I think it would be better to give the same amount of money to the staff in the form of a bonus. And, No, I don't work for them nor do I know anybody who does.

Oshkosh George
3rd Apr 2005, 09:25
I don't know where you get this idea it's an expensive scheme. You don't know what was paid,and after all,it's basically two colours with a few stars and a pizza! Compare that to the time and expense of the BA ethnic tails schemes,and you're definately talking twaddle!

I personally love it,and I think more airlines should be a bit more adventurous with their liveries

Nakata77
3rd Apr 2005, 16:03
This is the Titan B733 that is to be based at Bournemouth / BOH to operate the nightly postal flights.

Dash-7 lover
4th Apr 2005, 18:11
pax boy....If you don't work for them or know anyone that does then what makes you qualified on the subject of how they spend their money? . A decent colour scheme is often the mark of a decent company.

Titan are a very professional outfit and have helped us out many times in the past as most of our mouse mats and pen holders have their logos printed on them!!!! The fact they can be in the air withing 45-60mins of the first call helps. Recently weve had the 757 (today), although I wish they would bring back the ATR. The new livery on GZAPW must be due to the fact it's a 737-300QC and would more than likley be assigned to mail flights with GZAPM being the dedicated pax 737. The livery is well thought out on all their a/c - If any airline needs a long term sub then the operators logo can be painted on the fwd fuselage and on the tail without affecting their colour scheme. The interiors are pretty nifty as well!!

ps. I know they look after their staff, so best of both worlds my friends and if their a/c are good enough for heads of state then it's the least we can do for our pax!! That's ok by my books.......

eurostar builder
5th Apr 2005, 06:20
G-ZAPW 737 is currently sat at Bournemouth Now for the Night Mail.

eal401
5th Apr 2005, 07:35
These folk are obsessed with paying too much money for fancy paint jobs.
Yeah, no other airlines pay for their paint schemes do they? :rolleyes: