PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express deletions return!

PPRuNe Pop
2nd Apr 2005, 06:17
If you saw my first post on this - I'm crackin up! If you didn't I'd like some help! ;)

I have deleted up to 10 messages in OE6 in the past few days and on at least 5 occasions I startup OE the very same ones return. A short while later I get the latest messages. Like two starts if you see what I mean.

What is happening? Anyone got an idea please.

Lost_luggage34
2nd Apr 2005, 06:38
Just a thought - but worth checking your 'Advanced' account settings in OE6 tools.

You may have 'Leave copy of message on server' set to 'x' days and not have the 'delete from server when deleted from Deleted folder' set.

BRL
2nd Apr 2005, 07:33
Hi Don, do you have Macafee running at all? I have just put on my pc Macafee internet security suite v.7 and exactly what is happening to yours is happening to mine. I have just deleted my email accounts from the spam killer bit of the software, maybe that will help I don't know yet. I also have Mailwasher running but since Macafee being put on it wasn't picking anything up :confused:

PPRuNe Pop
2nd Apr 2005, 09:37
Luggage's suggestion was a good thought but my settings were OK.

But Paul, Since you mention McAfee have just installed an update and I bet the e-mail account setting is spot on. I'll give it a go and let you know. I know its Spring but this kind of regurgitation can make you sick. :yuk: ;)

Btw, I find McAfee very complicated to use lately. Certainly their Spamkiller is.