PDA

View Full Version : Gringos in LAN?

Warhawk
2nd Apr 2005, 00:47
Hola chicos, (losiento en ingles)

Are there any expats flying for LAN. I am not American but I am a gringo.. Ha!

My wife is South American and I am flying A320's. (7,000 TT - 6,000 ME - 5500 Turbine - 4000 PiC - 600 jet etc).

We would like to one day work in SA. So any history would be appeciated?

Gracias,

El Warhawk

:cool:

Glonass
2nd Apr 2005, 19:17
Hi there,

Technically speaking there are some expats flying for LAN although I do not know there exact immigration status. What I mean is there are some people for example that may be Australians but since their parents are Chileans they are entitled to the Chilean citizenship thus making it much more simple to work in Chile. It is to my understanding that other guys are not in that situation thus entitling them to the expat status.

Anyhow, what you should do, assuming from your post that you are considering an application with LAN, is that you send in a CV and it is my assumption that with your experience you should hear back from them. Although you’re best shot would be to have a Chilean CPL in hand before applying. If you get hired I believe LAN will help you sort out your status afterward. Oh! and btw, it is mandatory you speak Spanish.

Good luck! :ok:

Warhawk
3rd Apr 2005, 06:02
Muchas gracias muchachos. Its not for right now but maybe in a year or two...

:O

Panama Jack
20th Apr 2005, 18:51
Mi espanol ahora esta bastante para comunicar con mi esposa y mis suegros.

That´s a overall neutral scenario (a big positive summed with a big negative). Makes getting nookie easier (now that you don't have to use sign language any more) :ok: but now you find out what the other half of the family really thinks about you. :ugh:

pitch6
21st Apr 2005, 20:42
great jack thanks for your extremely wonderful help.