PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Airlines Interview

ehgi r20
1st Apr 2005, 18:31
Hi Guys & Gals....

I've got the call after 3yrs of PFO letters. Can anyone out their give me a head up on what to expect at interview along with any info on the company, bases, duty rosta, morale, bonding etc.
Come on people u know who u are !!
I have checked the usual suspects ppjn, Pprune & their site etc.

ok..ok.. Before you ask......I am an FI with 700ish hours and a dog called murphy......

Who else has had the call. PM me if u would rather...

:D

ehgi r20
2nd Apr 2005, 17:33
Are you lot holding out on me...............:bored:

FougaMagister
3rd Apr 2005, 08:21
I can only recomend to check out www.ppjn.com

All the best :ok:

Daysleeper
3rd Apr 2005, 09:39
Check yr PMs EGHI

Cathy Specific
4th Apr 2005, 07:06
I had an interview with them last year, Chief Pilot and HR officer. I had no Tech. questions just stuff about myself and why I want to work for the Company. Chief Pilot quite aggressive with his questioning, saying that I lived too far away from the airfield [45mins!] and the fact I had a young family was going to make life difficult.
Mug up on the Company structure and their customer base,a few questions on that.
The CP in my opinion sets out to be intimidating and being from an operation that call its cadets 'fuglies' that's no suprise. I can actually say that my experience left me with a dim view of the Company , which was a shame as I really wanted a job with them.
He could have been having an off day or already have found his man.
There was also an aptitude test and a physco. test to sit as part of it.

Best of luck.

Cat.

Heffer
4th Apr 2005, 19:56
Cathay - He was probably pushing you for the answers he wanted to hear but you couldn't give him... consider a typical week as a pilot with the airline:

Mon - report 1400 hrs for positioning to your base for the week. Fly all night and sleep all day in your questionable 3* down route hotel. Lights out won’t be until 7am each morning. Schedule home Friday morning totally knackered for the weekend having not slept properly all week. Your next report could be as early as that Sunday afternoon!

If you're not rostered to fly contract you'll be on standby to fly ad-hoc charter. The airline commits to having its aircraft airborne with 60 minutes of customer confirmation and you can receive a call at anytime and on any day (days off) asking you to fly.

They're therefore seeking someone who lives within 20 min from the base (or can seriously commit to moving that close), who has no serious financial or family ties and can be away from home for a whole week at a time.

You will typically only fly 400 hrs pA and your body can only take being a full time cargo rat for a given number of years! Joining hours are typically 700-1000+ to facilitate an unfrozen ATPL with 2 years.

The company is about to undergo some expansion and the most recent recruitment is most probably not for the Electra but for smaller, feeder aircraft.

It’s not for everyone and there is no glamour, but the position can come with diverse flying opportunities, including trans-atlantic flying, on a heavy multi with a (typically) swift command. Most recent departures have gone to MON, BMED, EZY, DHL - all Boeing or Airbus. It's highly respected flying!

All the best. :D

Cathy Specific
5th Apr 2005, 07:15
Heffer,

Take your point. My CV had my address on it and my marital/family status so therefore it did seem a little odd to call me for interview and then beef about the details. Furthermore the interviews were held in Edinburgh so it wasn't just a hop over to Cov for a chat.
I had done my research on the Company and knew full well what life was going to be like working for them and went to the interview set on getting the job with all that in mind.
This is a little off the point for the original post so I'll ramble no longer, however I will say that I fully appreciate that it is highly respected flying which is why I wanted to be a part of them in the first place.

Best of luck ehgi r20 with your interview.

ehgi r20
7th Apr 2005, 07:20
Thanks for all your help guys. Good to know people out there
are willing to help !!

We will just have to see what happens
:rolleyes:

Too Few Stripes
7th Apr 2005, 08:51
the chief pilot is a pussycat.if he asks you what do you think about pilots and alcahol,for gods sake dont tell him you dont drink.the culture there is to work hard but play hard.the electra if thats what the interview is for is the finest lump of metal flying around the skys today and most people could expect a command after 2, 3 yrs as fo.:ok:

GFYA
7th Apr 2005, 10:43
ehgi r20,

sorry for the delay, moving house etc etc. Similar story to yourself: 3 years of getting nothing but PFOs then got the call from Atlantic in the same week as a call from BACX. Due at atlantic on 11th. Any idea how many FOs they are looking for or clues from your previous questions about what to expect?

Well done,

GFYA

GFYA
13th Apr 2005, 21:25
Hi,

got a call midday today advising that I'm through to the sim ride stage of the current Atlantic Airlines selection. Is there anyone out there with previous experience or knowledge of what the sim check typically involves? I gather that its on their own FNPTII sim that is set up to operate as a Beech 200. Any information other information would be very helpful.

Cheers

GFYA