PDA

View Full Version : Japan Airlines cabin crew recruitment LHR advice needed

ssc3
1st Apr 2005, 15:29
i have worked two seasons for two well known charter airlines , been trained on 757 767 a320 a321 and have longhaul experience. I am currently 20 yr old male and educated to A level standard (english language,business,geography,IT) I have 9 GCSEs 4A 5B

My question is Japan Airlines are recruiting soon for LHR it appears that the standards for recruitment will be high, it is stated that knowledge of a european language French/Spanish in particular to a fluent or good conversational level is essential

I have a grade A in french at GCSE and a few years back was reasonably confident is conversation and basic written, now i am somewhat rusty,but willing to study to brush up key phrases

should i bother applying for this job??

any impressions as to the extent that language knowledge will be assessesed/enforced will be gratefully received

Sebichoo
1st Apr 2005, 17:26
Hi ssc3 !!

If you need help for those languages, I could help you ! I'm French and I speak fluent Italian and conversational Spanish...

I applied for the position in JAL like you did and I have some questions about the airline as well...

- What's the average salary per month ? Do you get good staff travel benefits ? What are the others benefits ?
- What is a typical roster ? How many sectors do you operate per month ?
- What about the days off ? They say we get 10 days off but how are they given ? A block of 7 and 3 others day or 3 days and 2 days etc etc etc...
- Is it possible to commute from others European countries ? Do you know some people who do that ?

Thank you for your help

SEB

Sebichoo
3rd Apr 2005, 09:55
Nobody from JAL on this forum ???

Come on guys... We need your help ! :-)

serene
31st May 2005, 08:35
Hi there. :D

The average salary will include your basic together with your flying allowances, per diem and deadheads (if there's any), transportation allowances, laundry allowances, winter clothing allowances etc.
It's fairly good I'd say if you compare to most of the airlines.
We couldn't divulge the amount due to confidentiality when we signed the contract but Im happy with my pay.

Of cos, your pay has also got a lot to do with the no. of long hauls you do per month.
The more long hauls you have for your monthly roster, the higher your pay is due to higher allowances.

I would say the travel benefits are satisfactory. Reasonable.
For the Singapore crew, you get transportation allowances based on how far you live away from the airport and there's a SGD20.00 difference for those who lived above a certain postal code.

A typical roster will be a 6-8days route and after that you will get AT LEAST a 3 days rest before you start flying again.
You will have an average of 3 long hauls per month.

Yes, you can get a 10 days rest in a month.
But for short month like February, you will only get 9 days rest.

It depends on where are you based at to do European flights.
European flights for JAL will be done by those who are based in Frankfurt or London.
Hths :ok:

nwuklad76
21st Sep 2005, 19:11
I have an interview with JAL on the 5th Oct and would be grateful of any help, hints and advice that anyone can offer?

Also if there are any crew on here based at LHR for JAL could they possibly answer a few q's? PM me if ya like.

Thanks in advance!:ok: