PDA

View Full Version : Virgin ad campaign to take off

Wirraway
1st Apr 2005, 04:04
Fri "The Australian"

Virgin ad campaign to take off
Steve Creedy, Aviation writer
April 01, 2005

IT might be in the middle of a sometimes tense takeover bid but a new Australia-wide advertising campaign to be launched on Sunday shows Virgin Blue management has not yet lost its sense of humour.

The multi-million-dollar campaign is the airline's second major branding initiative and includes print, billboard and four humorous television commercials, which will also be available on the Virgin website.

The television commercials continue the airline's successful "If you only got Virgin Blue service everywhere" campaign of 2002.

One commercial features a long-suffering man, nagged by his incessantly talking wife as he drives along, being saved by a Virgin staff member who suddenly pops up in the back of the car and puts ear muffs on him.

In another, passengers in a packed elevator are starting to notice an unpleasant odour when oxygen masks drop down from the roof.

Click here for FULL story (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12715543%255E23349,00.html)

===========================================

Beer Can Dreaming
1st Apr 2005, 05:51
Yeah all fine and beaut, but when you ring the number and get put on hold or start to compare it with Jetstar over the net and find the fare is $5 less with J*, who do you reackon gets the business?

Some may find the adds amusing but I doubt the ads really want to make you fly with VB.

Obviously been in the think tank for some time and sounds like an arse covering affair by Godfrey to get brownie points with Corrigan.

Unless they are prepared to match or better the opposition then its all a waste of time and money.

RENURPP
1st Apr 2005, 22:21
thats the real point isn't it, What service??

Richard Kranium
1st Apr 2005, 22:33
Ohhhh!!!.....I thought VB's only mission in life was "keeping the air fair"......:confused:

Three Bars
3rd Apr 2005, 07:21
I wonder if the ad shows him paying $5 for the headset - mind you in that situation it'd probably be worth more.