PDA

View Full Version : CTC Wings

jbrambley
31st Mar 2005, 11:54
Hi everyone,

On my online application it says that everyone is automatically applying for the CTC wings cadet scheme but there are also options to apply to easyjet and thomas cook.

I am slightly confused as to whether this is for experienced pilots only, or whether I am indicating a preference if I was to get selected?

I hope this makes sense,

James

EGPFlyer
1st Apr 2005, 04:54
If you are young enough to apply for both then tick them both. All it basically means that if you get selected you could be on a pre-selected easyjet or (less frequent) TC course. If you tick neither then you would only be put on a 'white tailed' course which could significantly reduce your chances of getting a job at the end.

busz
1st Apr 2005, 13:20
Not strictly true EGPFlyer. I am on a white tailed course and my chances of attaining employment at the end of the training are no less than those of my colleagues on the allocated eJ and TC courses.

CTC will still find someone for you to work for, it is just that you will not know who that is before you fly out to "wonderful" Hamilton.

Alex

:rolleyes:

EGPFlyer
1st Apr 2005, 18:19
That's what I meant to say. If you are white tailed and then easy come along and say they want you then you might get overlooked (or at least asked some awkward questions) if you didnt tick them on the initial application.

BTW, good luck next week!